Varydian

Reaction score
Perhaps someone can clarify something I've been wondering about for several versions of FM.
Me and my brother tend to play a hot-seat Dutch league, where I play SC Heerenveen and he plays Feyenoord. For the past few years, Feyenoord has had considerable debts IRL, which is refleced in the game. This should make Feyenoord a pretty tough team to manage in the long run, if it weren't for the fact that they receive, at the end of every season, around 32 milion Euro's of income marked 'Other'. In addition to regular income. So with regular spending, they're the richest club in the league within a season or two/three.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what this 'income other' is meant to signify (other than an arbitrary balancer to prevent the club from going bankrubt too quickly when managed by the computer). I haven't seen it with any of the (admittedly few) other teams I've managed.

Anyone that can offer some explanation?

maybe they have and underwriter chairman who writes off all debts made that season. i'm probably wrong but it's all i can think of.