Inconsistency is starting to do my head in

waynethickett

Reaction score
In my first season as Arsenal in the Premier League I put some big unbeaten runs together and won the league, currently in the third season and since the first year I have no consistency at all. I am playing the usual 4,2,3,1 and in the first season and for most of the second the player roles were defined by the players I was using, choosing the strongest roles for my team that day. With the second season being poor I decided to have a set formation and have my players play the same roles and give them individual training for the position and role I wanted to use them in.

Very little seems to work, I can win against one team 6-0 then draw against bottom of the league, I can lose back to back games then look unbeatable the following weekend. I considered changing formations for each match to counter specific teams but obviously irl that doesn't happen.

I have signed a lot of players and have unsettled my team a little, but the calibre of the players should be enough to rotate without them forgetting how to play.

I have always used team instructions, but do people often use individual instructions. Either for individual players or positions. Do you change these each match or do most people stick with one tactic for the season and just tweak team instructions on a match by match basis.

Any help would be appreciated. I do think this FM is the best and probably the most realistic and it is maybe forcing me to be a little more in depth in areas I haven't paid much attention to in the past.

You have to understand that there are always ups and downs in football.
Look at any real life team, they also have runs of bad form. Some more, some less, some RARELY, but ALL teams do.

That's the ******* beauty of this game. The ELEMENT OF RANDOMESS.

Imagine if you just won, won, won.

How long before the game would become boring and predictable?

I can tell you, there have been times of me playing FM where i did EVERYTHING right.
Literally, almost PERFECT.

...and i lost.

Which is fine.

I have had saves where i won and won and won. 10 seasons, i'd win 10 league titles, 8 domestic cup and 7 champions league titles while half-assing the game.

It became super predictable and boring and i quit.

Enjoy the struggle.

Oh I know, but it isn't the fact I lose occasionally that bothers me it is the contrast in performances. Some performances are so bad the team is not even recognisable. I wanted to know what people did to ensure consistency, looking at Leicester irl for example, they could lose but they would still be recognised as playing a certain way. But thanks for the response lol. :)

It has killed my promotion pushes many times, along with a stupid amount of injuries too. Had 8 first team players out injured at one point

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk