gj17

Reaction score
Hi, I was managing Truro in the Blue Sqaure South and after finishing a respectable 9th place i was offered the job at Bury in League 2, but after managing Bury for 13 games it seems they are very inconsistent, some games they will play out their skin against the top of the table and then struggle for 2-3 games, they are in a familiar tactic and once my team take the lead they are very hard to beat. any tips for this inconsistency?

Focus on defensive or attacking positioning before the game depending on the opponent. I would also advise you to use the same tactic and not keep changing it because that does cause inconsistency. However, one thing I would encourage is using one tactic up to about half time-60 mins then changing it if you don't look like scoring - you know what they say "If it's not working.. change something!"

Morale and player motivation also plays a huge part in the game this year so be sure to change up your team talks rather than saying "I don't expect you performance to drop" at every single half time for 10 games in a row. The game going more indepth with morale and motivation is definitely a good thing because you have to learn to manage the players as players who have feelings and opinions, instead of thinking of them as robotic dots on the screen.

Last edited: