Inconsistent. Can someone explain this?

nelmser

Reaction score
I'm really getting fed up of the inconsistency in the game. It's really ruining it for me.

Can someone explain the following screenshot?

Very strong opening of the season, team is scoring well, then suddenly hit a brick wall and can't seem to score anymore than one goal or keep a clean sheet? Same team, same tactics. It's ridiculous....

View attachment 309799

Personally i have this all the time. I think its the games way of telling you that you need to change your tactic a bit

If your using the same tactic week in week out, they may have figured you out, i use 3 tactics rotating them on different opposition,

but also your good period came against weaker teams, then you came up against the likes of spurs, which started it, liverpool and arsenal back to back, it can take its toll..... Rl i guess for upper mid table teams like everton...

Other teams don't "figure you out" if you use the same tactic all the time. The problem is that the tactic you use all the time is probably not suited for facing all teams.

And this is realistic, excluding this season, this is what happens to Everton in real life all the time, bu the other way round (Start off **** then play well)

And this is realistic, excluding this season, this is what happens to Everton in real life all the time, bu the other way round (Start off **** then play well)

erm....hello.....excuse me....where have you been this season?! :p

I don't see the issue, apart from the United game which you drew the first half of the season were all pretty easy games which you should be winning anyway.
Tough loss to Villa and your players morale probably took a hit, followed up by two tough games which you lost both. Teams morale is probably low and you've failed to win the two easy games which doesn't help.

TBH this seems very simple to me... your doing good against poor teams and doing bad against good teams... simply play more defensive against better teams

TBH this seems very simple to me... your doing good against poor teams and doing bad against good teams... simply play more defensive against better teams

the only 2 good teams I lost against in that highlighted period were Liverpool and Arsenal.....

Surely you're not counting Aston Villa, QPR, Stoke, Sturm Graz and PSV (who I've already beaten 3-0) as teams who are better than Everton?

Try this. Make a 'standard' tactic, nominal tweaks but the ones you want in like 'don't shoot from range', 'don't run with the ball often'. Then make 4-5 shouts, all based around a different approach. That way, you should be thoroughly prepared to combat anything a team throws at you. It has controlled my problem in inconsistent results. I just control the weaker teams, attack when desperate, play standard/defensively against big sides.

I've had similar problems. Wasn't beating sides like Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, Hannover consistently.

And to explain your screenshot. theres a big difference between Home and Away. Stoke just frustrated your players, you need a different approach after a while against them. Aston Villa & QPR were away, PSV was away from home in Europe which makes it marginally bigger.

the only 2 good teams I lost against in that highlighted period were Liverpool and Arsenal.....

Surely you're not counting Aston Villa, QPR, Stoke, Sturm Graz and PSV (who I've already beaten 3-0) as teams who are better than Everton?

stoke and OPR have better teams on paper than everton also you lost against spurs, Chelsea, arsenal and liverpool man united was the only top 6 team you manged to get a point against!

Villa result was a bad result for you but even soo villa away isnt easy you also got points against OPR and stoke which you should take maybe you should of done better against stoke at home but thats football
as for losing against Sturm graz and PSV you more likey played a good side out who had no motivation to play

if your going to ask for help/advise then listen or dont bother asking!

Just going to agree to what the others have said. You loose some and you win some. You get better results against teams lesser than you and you struggle in hard matches. As you are fighting on 3 fronts( cup, league and Europe), you need to rotate the squad more than teams like QPR and Stoke does. If not doing so, then they will have the advantage against your tired players. If you rotate, then your squad is probably not better than theirs, hence you did not beat them. As or playing way to PSV, it a really hard game.