AlexB1878

Reaction score
first ever post so i'm not sure if i've put this is the right area but here goes:

i started a save with Valencia and the first thing i did was sign the scout Jimmy Hampson (20 on judging PA and PP) and saw that a couple of my players (Paco Alcacer and Sergio Canales) had 4 and 1/2 potential and others like Banega, Parejo, Rami, soldado and piatti all had 4 star potential. I also got reports on a couple of players like Guiseppe Rossi and Hervin Ongenda and got 4 and 1/2 potential on them as well.

Shortly after this i came to the squad registration and realised i'd messed up and signed too many foreign players so i started again as i hadn't done much at all. again, the first thing i did was sign Jimmy Hampson but this time every player, and i mean EVERY player i got a report on had lost 1/2 a star of potential and ability. this is a problem because I, like a lot of other people, will only sign or keep a youth player with at least 3 and 1/2 star PA/PP but now all players who have that have dropped to 3 which i dont think is good enough. I have checked the editor and the players have fixed potentials at what it was originally and it cant be the scout messing up because he's 20/20.

anyone know what could cause this or any way to solve it?

i have noticed if i get scout report for some of my players in season they are like 4 half pot abil, then if i scout just before start of season they have dropped to like 3 half pot abil.

I think a lot of it has to do with the scouts knowledge of the world's players and your teams players. Rather than relying on stars in scouting reports take a look at their attributes for their favored position that you'd play them in. In general 3 stars means that they're just as good people you've got on your team and your domestic league. Its usually youngsters and obviously world class players that have 4 stars or more, unless your team is particularly weak at a certain position.

Like you think, I doubt their attributes changed but maybe the scout previously didn't scout real madrid or something like that and now is like, well compared to CR7 these guys are meh. The best thing the star ratings can tell you is basically every extra half star they have above their current ability shows that they can gain 1 attribute point on all their good attributes.

Never really pay that much attention to scout reports tbh always look at attributes onless regens.

i know about the fact that the rating is all relative to your squad, so a player could have 5 star ability if you scout them at wigan but only 3 if you do so for Barcelona, but i scouted the player twice at the same club at the same time before signing anyone so it can't be for that reason.

and the other point you make is actually a very good one. i would think that it is because of the other reports he has done could have, in a sense, raised him expectations but again, as i said, i got this report immediately after signing hampson so he hadn't scouted anyone different under my control so both reports should be the same.

i would for the Current ability as i've seen them give like 2 star for a player who is perfect for what i need, but its mainly for really young players with high potential but are terrible at the start that i need it to be accurate.

Mate I'm doing a PSv save and had goalie Tyton on loan at the start of the game to sign at the end of the season. This is already a done deal not mine.

The SAME staff rate him as 2.5 star CA and 3 star PA when I started and after the first season he signed perm.

I checked again and the guy is rated 4.5 star!!! Same staff. As I'd won the league outlet rep had gone up but the player was that much better... I think there is something wrong with some of the ratings

You stay classy......

yeah, but that's not exactly a problem that your player got better :p i'm annoyed that theyre getting worse without anything happening. and tyton's the one who came in the euro's and saved that pen isn't he?