Increasing Goals From Corners

is it just me that thinks this is cheating a bit? not having a go at anyone that uses it but its not realistic is it - its pretty much just exploiting a bug in the game like a few FM's ago with the corner cheat thing.

good luck to those that use it but i think ill give it a miss and win honourably ;)

im sorry but i really dont see how it is cheating, its just another tactic to help score goals.

Just like villa in real life with Carew on the keeper and Laursen attacking the 6 yardbox, so they create lots of chances from corners would you say that was cheating? so neither is this TACTIC

its ok nursemorph i suppoe i dint reli put up why i wanted the screenies

im sorry but i really dont see how it is cheating, its just another tactic to help score goals.

Just like villa in real life with Carew on the keeper and Laursen attacking the 6 yardbox, so they create lots of chances from corners would you say that was cheating? so neither is this TACTIC

its not really a tactic is it, it exploits a weak point in the games coding. this wouldnt work in real life, how many CB's get hatricks from corners or get about 20 goals a season from corners? it might work once in real life but then managers would wise up to it and make tactics to counteract the players on the keeper.

i wasnt judging or anything i was just pointing out to any new players that want to play the game honestly and fairly that this isnt just random or tactical masterminding. IRL you might get a goal once every few games from a corner and it could be any from a number of players attacking the ball. not the same CB nodding them in for fun - it just wouldnt work.

i like to keep it realistic

Well its not really cheating or a bug, i use this tactic and my center backs get less than 5 goals a season..so it doesnt work all the time...

it can't be cheating coz your CB's don't nearly get 15-20 goals all season...the AI adapts to that tactic...n after 4-5 seasons you may get only 4-5 goals per season from CB's 'challenging keeper'... I have been at Barcelona for 8 seasons now and have Fazio and Sakho... n they get about 5-6 goals per season...

thanks for the post mate i have been struggling to score from corners but now it should be no problem thanks to this

Lescott and Laursen both got over ten goals from corners the season before last, it's important to have a good corner taker though.

How do you get your corner taker to put it into the 6 yard box?

Right side of the tactics page. Instructions >> Team Instructions >> Advanced. Its on the bottom.

I haven't tried this one, but I know two other who works just as well (I love number 2, because it's awesome looking at all those goals from distance):

1. (Used with Man Utd) best header attack far post, distribute the other players here and there (1-2 challenge keeper and 1 to wait outside the box is a must), put corners on far post.
Vidic, Brown, Rio, Luisao, Shawcross, Ball (regen), all of them scored evenly throughout a season. I was lazy and put one CB on attack far post, but choosing your best header can be smart.

2. (Used with Benfica, Palermo, Udinese) Get someone who can shoot. Put the one with high long shots (or w/e it's called in ze english one (using norwegian language myself)) outside the box. Distribute the other ones wherever you like. Just be sure that the defenders will have to mark your other players and leave the one outside the box alone. Put the corners outside the penalty area, happy shooting!

Benfica: won both portugese cups and league, loads of goals from corners, Cardozo ftw
Palermo: 1. sesason - Miccoli contender for top scorer title, most of his goals scored from corners
Second season got Moussa Sissoko, top scorer, 25 goals in 33 league games, most of them from corners (supportive central midfielder). Had at least 22 goals from corners in Serie A, most goals scored total (20ish in front of nr. 2), won Serie A
Third season: so far scoring a little less than earlier, need some adjustments, or just some good fortune :p
Udinese: Played by a friend of mine, same game as Palermo. Worked great, especially this third season. Cardozo is great for beating em in (Inler was good the first 2 seasons). So far scored twice as many on corners than me in Serie A

All those goals (and ofc great play in general) earned Sissoko (who btw is one of the greatest players in the game imo, extremely valuable) quite a few rewards. I hope I state the rewards correct, considering I'm not using English language settings.
- 2011 Player of the year in Serie A
- 2011 Player of the year in Europe
- 2011 Young player of the year in Serie A
- 2011 Midfielder of the year in Europe
- Made France best 11
- 2011 Player of the year among the fans in Serie A
- 2011 Player of the year in the world
- 2011 3. place Football player of the year
- 2011 Foreigner of the year in serie A
- 2012 Team of the year in the world

Last edited: