Independiente winner of the Copa Sudamericana

bray123

Reaction score
this post is going to be made all by my self, and english is not my first language,so sorry for any mistakes you see :p

Yesterday, Independiente won this years Copa Sudamericana (the second most important competition in America), after beating the relegated brazilian side Goias, 5-3 on penalties.
The first leg of the final was played in Goiania, where Goias won 2-0, but the second leg was played in Buenos Aires, where Independiente won 3-1 (Parra x2, Julian Velazquez- Rafael Moura). The aggregate result was 3-3, but on the final doesn't count the away golas, so they went on extra time (wich ended 0-0 of course :p) and finally Independiente won 5-3 on penalties

By winning this, Independiente qualifies to the Copa Libertadores, the Recopa Sudamericana (against the winner of this years Copa Libertadores, Inter de Porto Alegre), and next years Copa Sudamericana

Starting XI Independiente
Hilario Navarro
Tuzzio Matheu Velazquez
Cabrera Battion Fredes Mareque

Rodriguez Martinez
Parra

Startin XI Goias

Harley
Hernando Toloi Marcao
Douglas Amaral Carlos Alberto Costa
W. Saci
Otalicio Moura

fiesta-Independiente-despues-titulo_OLEIMA20101209_0011_6.jpg

fiesta-Independiente-despues-titulo_OLEIMA20101209_0010_6.jpg

Festeja-Goias-sufre-Independiente_OLEIMA20101201_0104_21.jpg

fiesta-Independiente-despues-titulo_OLEIMA20101209_0007_6.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, I don't care :( but congratulations to them.

I saw the yellow blue striped shirt guy in the 2nd picture...I doubt he will not fall down like humpty dumpty.

done well considering they were losing after the first leg. Am i right in saying that this is the European equivelant to the Europa League??

done well considering they were losing after the first leg. Am i right in saying that this is the European equivelant to the Europa League??
mmmm it's hard to tell, it's the second biggest competition in America, like Europa League, but in America, the teams can play Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana, because Sudamericana is played on the opening stage of the season while Libertadores is played on the closing stage

mmmm it's hard to tell, it's the second biggest competition in America, like Europa League, but in America, the teams can play Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana, because Sudamericana is played on the opening stage of the season while Libertadores is played on the closing stage

Oh very strange, i know a little bit about South American football as i like to listen to Tim Vickery.

Yes it is.

Europa League is the equivalent to Copa Sudamericana. Normally top teams in a season go to Libertadores, and the rest goes to Copa Sudamerican. Now unlike in Europe where both competitions are held at the same time, in South America, the season splits in two, Copa Libertadores plays in one semester, and Sudamericana in the other one. Also the Champion of the Sudamericana has a chance to qualify for the Libertadores.

By the way? Sos Argentino?