Rockyboy

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I've been using Dunc's training schedules for 3 seasons and they worked fine for 80% of my team. At the start of fourth season I decided to make individual training schedules to develop all my players to their PA. I have 4,5+ stars coaches and all of them have light workload. Every schedule I made has medium workload, almost heavy, but I don't have problems with injuries (about 2 minor injuries in a month). The problem is that none of the players made a progress in the last six months. They are all happy with their schedules and I kept my eye on making best schedules for each position (wingers must have intensive ball control and attacking training, defenders must have intensive defending training, etc.). I'm with Chelsea so the facilities are not a problem. Can someone suggest me what to do to make my schedules work?

I also created individual training schedules for every players in my first team as well as promising youth players. However, very few improved as much as expected. Some players didn't improve much at all over the course of a season, though a handful did improve very nicely.
I've asked a question regarding individual training before as well, however did not get any response. So I am hoping someone can assist you.

I hope someone of the training masters like Dunc, IanC, ... can help us :)

Still nada I see... I'm knewish to this site, is it the done thing to PM the more err knowledgeable members to ask for help?

well u got to create schedules that fit players and also the way u play
if u play rigid it will be easier to create individual schedules fluid not so much
just look what u need in a position and try to balance out those attributes in the training

well u got to create schedules that fit players and also the way u play
if u play rigid it will be easier to create individual schedules fluid not so much
just look what u need in a position and try to balance out those attributes in the training

For example, I play counter attacking football, with fluid philosophy and the formation is 4-2-3-1 with wingers.

How would this affect on training schedules?

For example, I play counter attacking football, with fluid philosophy and the formation is 4-2-3-1 with wingers.

How would this affect on training schedules?

focus on aerobics more then strengh
full backs and mids should both be high attackign and defence (intercepting and creating chances)
amc both score and create also the striker
wingers the usual
when playing fluid players need to step out of their normal roles unlike rigid where tehy focus on one specific area ,

focus on aerobics more then strengh
full backs and mids should both be high attackign and defence (intercepting and creating chances)
amc both score and create also the striker
wingers the usual
when playing fluid players need to step out of their normal roles unlike rigid where tehy focus on one specific area ,

Well I didn't know that tactics also affects on training schedules. I wil try this now and report a few hours later about the result :) Thanks a lot

Well I didn't know that tactics also affects on training schedules. I wil try this now and report a few hours later about the result :) Thanks a lot
training helps because you form the players to ur tactical ideas
u can't play a fluid game with an attacking full back if he got 9 crossin, 8 creativity right?

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

u can't play a fluid game with an attacking full back if he got 9 crossin, 8 creativity right? or passing

u can't play a fluid game with an attacking full back if he got 9 crossin, 8 creativity right?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you mean that philosophy affect on training schedules. I always make my own schedules based on what I need in tactics (for example, a good winger must have higher training at ball control and attacking categories in order to develop Technique, First Touch, Dribbling, Crossing, etc.)

I spent 2 hours looking for information about training schedules.

The only good thing I found is this link.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you mean that philosophy affect on training schedules. I always make my own schedules based on what I need in tactics (for example, a good winger must have higher training at ball control and attacking categories in order to develop Technique, First Touch, Dribbling, Crossing, etc.)

I spent 2 hours looking for information about training schedules.

The only good thing I found is this link.

That helps... A little I guess. It will definitely stop you from losing attributes if you don't go any lower than the maintaining 8 click level at least, but the end bit is confusing. I mean, ok so take my Jordan Spence, currently going up massively in defensive stats because I've got him very high on that part of his training. So according to his theory if I've understood it right, there's a max he can get to - and he'll achieve it anyway at 14 clicks, just at a slower rate. How do I know when he has reached his max stats then?
----------------

I did misunderstand it, re read it a few times and I'm good lol. One final thing needs to be answered though to get the absolute optimum training regimes (if that theory is true). Need to find out what the max amounts the over training load clicks can be.

Last edited:
@rockyboy about the thread, I think that theory useless for this year ( I mean for FM 11 ). do you know what ? because there's kind of training, include match preparation and individual training. I think you must try Dunc training ( people will say that :p ) but TBH it didn't work for my player :S

That helps... A little I guess. It will definitely stop you from losing attributes if you don't go any lower than the maintaining 8 click level at least, but the end bit is confusing. I mean, ok so take my Jordan Spence, currently going up massively in defensive stats because I've got him very high on that part of his training. So according to his theory if I've understood it right, there's a max he can get to - and he'll achieve it anyway at 14 clicks, just at a slower rate. How do I know when he has reached his max stats then?
----------------

I did misunderstand it, re read it a few times and I'm good lol. One final thing needs to be answered though to get the absolute optimum training regimes (if that theory is true). Need to find out what the max amounts the over training load clicks can be.

Yeah, I understand it the same way like you. They will develop, but not that quickly. I just don't understand why does a striker need defending training. In my opinion, it is pointless for them to improve (or maintain) tackling and marking attributes because they don't need them in their role. So far, I don't see another way to view CA/PA without FMRTE or GenieScout. As you said we just need to solve only one more question - the max amount of training workload per player.

@rockyboy about the thread, I think that theory useless for this year ( I mean for FM 11 ). do you know what ? because there's kind of training, include match preparation and individual training. I think you must try Dunc training ( people will say that :p ) but TBH it didn't work for my player :S

As I said before, it worked for 80% of my team, but I want to get the best out of everyone. Dunc made very good schedules, except the one for wingers. It turned out bad for me.