Hoentje2907

Reaction score
What are the best roles to train players in, for example for central defenders it's Libero (Attack) because it trains basically everything that's important and you can focus on the few things it leaves out with the additional focus. I was wondering what the equivalent of this is for the DM, DL/R and AML/R positions is. I have my MC's and STC on b2b and complete forward respectively because they also train focus on more attributes.

What are the best roles to train players in, for example for central defenders it's Libero (Attack) because it trains basically everything that's important and you can focus on the few things it leaves out with the additional focus. I was wondering what the equivalent of this is for the DM, DL/R and AML/R positions is. I have my MC's and STC on b2b and complete forward respectively because they also train focus on more attributes.

According to the roles which have in your tactic and having training schedules which train those attributes. For example Match Practice train 100% individual roles, Ground Defense train 60% of individual roles for Defending Unit etc.

You can read more here.
I understand but doesn't really answer my question, I meant for training a DC it's best to put their position focus on Libero Att because it trains all the attributes you need while in my tactic I use a BPD de. So I was wondering if the same is applicable for other positions like I have 2 inverted wingers on support but if there is a better way to train in a different role because it simply focuses on more attributes.

I understand but doesn't really answer my question, I meant for training a DC it's best to put their position focus on Libero Att because it trains all the attributes you need while in my tactic I use a BPD de. So I was wondering if the same is applicable for other positions like I have 2 inverted wingers on support but if there is a better way to train in a different role because it simply focuses on more attributes.

That's not true. What attributes should be trained has to do with training schedules you choose. It's not like in old days. Now training schedules train specific attributes, individual part comes second. Since this, the best way is to train the players according to the tactic roles (also benefit with familiarity and maintain it), having training schedules which train Individual Roles (and having 100% focus or 60%).

I recently did an experiment using a training philosophy experiment from RDFTactics back in FM20. I left all players on Playing Position for individual training and used focus training to train the mental aspects of the game: decisions, positioning, etc. It didn't work. I saw absolutely no improvement in the focus training target attributes. I used the General training routines to target the technical and physical attibutes. I was using a National Conference team, but that shouldn't have made a difference. I expected to see some improvement, but none!?

Anyhow... the more attributes targeted, the less effect across the board. Instead of training them as Libero, try No Nonsense Centre Back with Passing Focus.

For Striker/IF i always go with Complete Forward attack (except some rare cases)
For Midfielders
-> Creative ones Roaming playmaker / Advanced playmaker
-> Physical ones Ball winning midfielders / Box to box ( depending if they are Defending / attacking midfielders)
For defenders
-> Libero or Ball playing defender depending their age (younger as libero older as bpd)
-> rb/lb as complete wing back if young or when they are older i choose the role they are more adapt