Tony Hawker

Reaction score
I've not seen many International saves in here, and even less that aren't managing England so I've decided to manage Indonesia as they have some decent players come through and haven't really done anything on the continental scene.

The Indonesia national football team represents Indonesia in competitive international association football. The team is controlled by the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI) and is a member of the Asian Football Confederation. Prior to independence in 1945, the team competed as the Dutch East Indies national football team. Under this name, Indonesia was the first Asian team to participate in the FIFA World Cup, at which time the team qualified for the 1938 FIFA World Cup tournament in France. The Indonesian team was eliminated by the Hungarian national football team in the first round and has not qualified for the World Cup since this defeat.

The team's only Olympic appearance was in 1956 in Melbourne, Australia, where they held the Soviet Union national football team, the eventual gold medalists, to a nil-all draw, but lost 0?4 in the replay match. The Indonesian team qualified for the AFC Asian Cup on four occasions, but have never progressed beyond the group stage. Indonesia's best performance in Asia was at the 1958 Asian Games in Tokyo, when it achieved the bronze medal. The team has reached the ASEAN Football Championship final on four occasions, but has never won the tournament.

I took some inspiration from rrrrrrr's FM09 save as Netherland Antilles so I'm hoping this will become as popular as that in the long run.

(I would have pictures but it denies the post if I put any images in)​

557px-National_emblem_of_Indonesia_Garuda_Pancasila.svg.png

rklPWN0.png

Key Players:

0Gy9q9v.png

yRrcvaQ.png

EGnCVUu.png

Our first game should be a decent friendly against Laos.