Jamo23

Reaction score
Just had a very bizzare moment on my Football Manager game, i've heard no mention of it before and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.

Put simply, money seems to have inflated by a factor of around 3. I'm in late 2026, at the start of the season I negotiated some new contracts for people and the highest paid player at the start of the season as £95k a week. Casually looking at his stats in December, I see his wages are now £240k a week. The same is for every player in my squad. The wage bill resembles the starting Barcelona squads, when it used to be more like a team like Newcastles.

I'm thinking "****, this is gonna ruin my finances". I take a look at my clubs value, which used to be £40million with a £20million debt. Now, the value is £120million with a debt of £100million. The same thing is for every other club, with some players on wages approaching £500,000 a week.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I'll be happy to provide screenshots if people can tell me how

Yearly Wage Rise Clauses=Cause Of Inflation Do You Think?

Have a look at their contract clauses. Do any of your players have "Match Highest Earner" as their clause?

Have a look at their contract clauses. Do any of your players have "Match Highest Earner" as their clause?

No, I always make sure to not have it in. Besides, their wages are still proportional, just HUGE

they would all have to have it taida :)

that is a bit strange, trying to think of a reason for it besides Jimmer's one (which could be close, but the strange thing is you say they are all on the same wages)

1) did you just win a **** load of competitions?
2) what team are you?
3) what clauses did you offer your players? all of them?
4) I am not sure, never played that long... never heard of it happening

Check for yearly wage rises...I would imagine that's your problem.

1. Did you sign all the players around the same time?

2. Have you renegotiated any of their contracts lately?

Otherwise Raikan's points if neither are the problem then...Oh dear.

I'm in a 2026 season as Middlesbrough and my regens are all in their prime and average wage is about 70k (with 150k to 8 key players) and I've won the Premier League 10 times and European Cups galore I just make sure none of them really have any clauses...

1) did you just win a **** load of competitions? League Cup last year, so no
2) what team are you? Accrington Stanley
3) what clauses did you offer your players? all of them? Most have none, 2 have a minimum fee release clause (both of which have gone up from 14mil to 33mil and 28mil to 75mil). Some may have 10% of next transfer fee.

This isn't just happening to me though, its happening to every single club

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I make a seperate save at the start of each season, in case of a crash dump. If someone tells me how to take and upload a screenshot, I can upload screenshots of the same people/clubs to show the difference

Yes, same currency

Another option:

When negotiating/giving out these contracts to regens/players did you give into their agents demand or get their wage demands down via increasing the sign on/agent fees?

Another option:

When negotiating/giving out these contracts to regens/players did you give into their agents demand or get their wage demands down via increasing the sign on/agent fees?

Not really, i'd just reduce their wage demands and their signing on fee demands slightly, and they'd usually sign the contract

Something's gone wrong somewhere.

I'm in the same year 2026 an d like I said won basically everything and the Premier League 10 times and the world record transfer was broke once...By me signing Messi in 2015...

Just a weird game your in I would say, maybe other clubs have spent ridiculously high and pushed the prices etc up I don't know

1) I make a seperate save at the start of each season, in case of a crash dump. If someone tells me how to take and upload a screenshot, I can upload screenshots of the same people/clubs to show the difference

Alt+F4

Hmmm it may have just been a strange bug, because I reloaded it to take some screenshots and it all went back to normal :S

At least I know what to do when it happens again :D

Yep, I had a very sudden value inflation (values and wages) at quite an extreme level that was restored to normal after reloading. Sadly still not that convinced on your inflation theory.

Is it your budget (not the transfer budget, your overall budget) that is 120 million, because if it is, i wouldn't worry, because you still have enough money to cover your debts at the moment... but it's very strange otherwise