Scaldo

Reaction score
After winning the PL with Newcastle in my 1st season I decided to cash in on some of my big performers such as Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa etc. With others leaving as well I raised ?159m selling 10 players and spent ?89m on 16 1st Team Squad players. Naturally the new signings will need time to settle in and my team had a poor start to the season losing our 1st 2 games, the average age has gone down a lot with many young players being brought in and I wanted to know how big a difference people feel a turnover period can cost a club on the pitch and also how important Experience is in a side. Obviously my new look team will take time to get clicking but how long should it take until they will be challenging the big guns in the league again?

If they all have a similar personality and if you can keep moral high, I'd say 2-3 seasons for things to be 100%

Otherwise, I'd pin my hopes on the 4th of 5th season.

Only sing players with the same personality as your squad from here untill there is good team cohesiveness or you may undo some of the good work.

I'd never taken personality into account, I'll be looking out for that. With the age of the squad I don't think I'll need to replace a lot for a good amount of time. Thanks.

It's so easy to forget about.

Player with similar personalities are more likely to list themsleves as favored personnel and this can really help with partnerships on the pitch.

This is why being Celtic I don't really have to worry about this problem, I sold 7 of my regulars for a total of 70 million. Replaced with free or under 3 million replacements, should still win SPL easily.

This is why being Celtic I don't really have to worry about this problem, I sold 7 of my regulars for a total of 70 million. Replaced with free or under 3 million replacements, should still win SPL easily.

Same as managing Maribor. Can sell a number of top players, make a nice profit, and promote players from my youth system and still win the Slovenian First League. But I needed signings to qualify for the Champions League.

FM14 is the first time I've really paid attention to mental attributes (work rate, determination, teamwork, etc.) and personality. Hard working players are always great to have.

Depending on the players and how well morale and form goes a season and half to two seasons I find, that is if you don't then add more than one or two new first team players constantly.

Same as managing Maribor. Can sell a number of top players, make a nice profit, and promote players from my youth system and still win the Slovenian First League. But I needed signings to qualify for the Champions League.

FM14 is the first time I've really paid attention to mental attributes (work rate, determination, teamwork, etc.) and personality. Hard working players are always great to have.

Yeah, my only "big signing" in the team rotation year, was Aiden McGeady, and only because I was desperate for a RM, and he's always had a place in my heart. The rest, were all signed for free, or under 3 million, first four games I've scored about 16 goals, and conceded 1. :D