Ingrown toenails?

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 3K

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if anybody else has had the misfortune of these?

I had them for years and it took 6 different operations to get my feet right.
My last one was 4 years ago and the nail bed was removed but they left some nail there and since it had begun to rot and was pretty horrific looking.

Finally got to the doctors today and they cut the whole thing off so now i have no nail on one of my big toes.

Anyway my main point is anybody that has had them, have you continued to play sports?
I used to when i was younger before i had the trouble but since my last operation I havnt been able to put any power into my kicks. Has anybody else noticed that?

The most Famous case iv known of is Henrick Larrsons pretty horendous feet:
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00229/a_229209a.jpg

And I complain about my feet <.<

Never had the bad luck, however my uncle had something simillar once, it was just in one finger though I think, I remember it was quite painful for him.

I've had my whole toe nail fall of by itself, but thankfully one had already started growing before it came off.

Didn't affect my ability to play sports but I gather that an ingrown toe nail is a heck off a lot more painful.

Not gonna lie, cringed the whole way through reading that OP!

Not gonna lie, cringed the whole way through reading that OP!

LOL'd at that. You should of seen what they did. I was allowed to sit up and watch the whole thing. :P

Didnt feel a thing but the anaesthetic has worn off now and i can feel the pain. Been told im not allowed to walk for 3 days

Disgusting thread, probably the most disgusting I've read here.

That said, yes, I've had the problem in one of my toes (If we're talking about the same thing, that is. Disease names in Spanish and English aren't the most similar, hopefully I'm getting this one right...). It was painful to play football with the nail like that but in all honesty I didn't give a ****, once I got into the game I didn't care. It hurt like **** after the game, though. I ended up chopping a large chunk of the nail myself and fortunately it started growing back the right way.

My cousin OTOH tried to do the same, but he used to go sailing a lot back then, and you really don't want river water in an open wound - his big toe got infected and they had to remove the whole nail, and he was lucky not to lose the toe.

And if you're not getting any power into your kicks is because your subconsciously scared of hitting the ball strong enough because you think it's gonna hurt.

And if you're not getting any power into your kicks is because your subconsciously scared of hitting the ball strong enough because you think it's gonna hurt.

Yeah that is the main reason behind the lack of power is due to fear. I dont even really think about it but its always in the back of my mind and i pull back.

Oh, i wouldnt have attempted to take it off myself. Glad to hear your came back. Unfortunately the root of my nail was also removed so afraid that mine will never grow back. Just gotta keep it clean now and hope that it doesnt get infected.

It is quite disgusting though :)

Yeah, big toes too! I just kept attacking them and cutting them away as they went to curl inwards. Dont get them anymore :) yours sound pretty bad mate!

Can't say I have had ingrowing toe nails. I have lost a few toe nails after having my toes stamped on at football or being hit with a cricket ball.

Apart from that, I had bone bruising on the top of my right foot a few years back. I still played football, rather stupidly, and suffered a lot of pain as I was a striker, and obviously had to try and hit the ball pretty hard. I don't have it any more, thankfully, and can hit a football hard with no pain.

Yeah they are dude.
Both sides of the big toe on my left foot and one side of the right. The right has been ok but im left footed so it ended my chances of playing footie.
Glad the problem stopped, did you notice you not hitting the ball as hard after having them?

Thankfully i have not had any, had part of my nail nearly drop off once while playing cricket, eventually had to cut it off but it grew back eventually and it did hurt for a while but much better now

never had one thank god. sounds so grim :P

So glad had me corn beef sarnie an hour earlier. But still-the thought of it just makes me wince a helluvalot.

Sayin that, got an infection in a toe nail that has killed it off. Unfortunately, I stubbed my toe on the door frame then discovered why it's hurting so much-it's now at a 90 degree angle but still attached :S sure that can't be a good thing. Sure as **** don't want to be conciouss when it gets sorted and thats for sure-squeamish enough as it is

Had one a year ago, and didn't see the doctors for a while 'cause i thought it would sort itself out... When i finally went, they had to remove about half of the nail the way down :( ...

It hurt a lot for a few days after they removed it, but thankfully it's fine now...

Best advice is to see your doc, and not wait months if you think you've got one of these buggers

So glad had me corn beef sarnie an hour earlier. But still-the thought of it just makes me wince a helluvalot.

Sayin that, got an infection in a toe nail that has killed it off. Unfortunately, I stubbed my toe on the door frame then discovered why it's hurting so much-it's now at a 90 degree angle but still attached :S sure that can't be a good thing. Sure as **** don't want to be conciouss when it gets sorted and thats for sure-squeamish enough as it is

When my Dad had a problem with his nail they completely removed his nail bed while he was conscious.

Enjoy. :)

When my Dad had a problem with his nail they completely removed his nail bed while he was conscious.

o...dear....god :O

Think I'll drink a bottle of JD and do it myself. Sod that!

I've never but I had a mate in high school that used to.. His nickname was feyt lmao.

I was concious too Joel, best thing was i got to see everything they did to it too. I had the bed removed a couple of years ago so mine wasnt too bad. :)

20 hours later its still bleeding, I guess i shouldnt be driving with it :P

I was concious too Joel, best thing was i got to see everything they did to it too. I had the bed removed a couple of years ago so mine wasnt too bad. :)

20 hours later its still bleeding, I guess i shouldnt be driving with it :P

Best thing? Dude, that's just........no :(

Best thing? Dude, that's just........no :(

LOL, it wasnt that bad. I wouldnt be squeamish at all. Have to say the hardest part was getting injections to freeze my foot. After that i didnt feel a thing for a few hours :)

Back