Initial thoughts on fm2013, very good

rehan14

Reaction score
So, another year of fm and this weekend was utilised for the latest edition

i gotta say I am very impressed. More features and tabs to get the full experience (only the full user game on a laptop allows for full enjoyment)

I am of course my beloved arsenal on my 1st save and have been amazed how different this feels to fm12. I'm top of the league after 20 games and am still finding my best tactics. The tabs during the match are brilliant for on the cuff decisions.

It is frustrating how my tactic can beat spurs away and then struggle to beat qpr a week later. I guess I will evolve in time and utilise different tactics for different teams.

more to come, watch this space :)

I'm impressed as well, you can see that Paul, Oliver and Miles have worked really hard on it and it has taken the game to the next level.

I'm impressed as well, you can see that Paul, Oliver and Miles have worked really hard on it and it has taken the game to the next level.

Agree fully, struggling with goals from my striker tbh but everyone else is chipping in (Ox is a beast) I play Giroud/Podolski as a CF up by their own. Any suggestions?

Halfway into my 5th season and really enjoying the game... Top of the league and still in all the comps

So far; Prem league x 3, F.A cup x 2, four 1/4 final of Champs league

I feel I am progressing very well but Champions league is really tough as I keep getting beat in the quarters... Recently got the regens out and they are really talented

In 4 years I will have an amazing regen team which I will post... Falcao and fellaini have been my best buys with Willian in close company...

A few class regens which I will upload. My future is bright but desperate to get that first Champs league

WATCH THIS SPACE!!! (6)

Halfway into my 5th season and really enjoying the game... Top of the league and still in all the comps

So far; Prem league x 3, F.A cup x 2, four 1/4 final of Champs league

I feel I am progressing very well but Champions league is really tough as I keep getting beat in the quarters... Recently got the regens out and they are really talented

In 4 years I will have an amazing regen team which I will post... Falcao and fellaini have been my best buys with Willian in close company...

A few class regens which I will upload. My future is bright but desperate to get that first Champs league

WATCH THIS SPACE!!! (6)

'I'VE DONE IT!!!'

After moaning about winning the Champions League, I won it in absolute style :wub:

Last 16 -

Celtic (a) lost 2-1, terrible performance and got very lucky to pull a goal back
(h) won 3-1 AET, another poor performance, took into E.T with 5 mins left and then Falcao getting the winner

1/4 Final

PSG (a) lost 4-3, 2-0 up at half time and then totally crumbled in the 2nd half. Only a stoppage time OG got me the 4-3 defeat. Need to start fast in 2nd leg considering I have lost at this stage in all the previous seasons

(h) won 3-0, best performance of the campaign so far. 3-0 at halftime and just set the instruction to "counter" in the 2nd half to cruise to the last 4 against Barca (who have won 3 out of last 4 CL) :'(

1/2 Final

Barca (a) won 3-1, a vintage counter attacking performance. 38% posession but always a threat and a brace from OX put one foot into the final. No point going toe to toe aginst them away so tampered with the instructions to get my best ever away performance

(h) won 5-1, there comes a time when everything just goes right and this was one of those matches. Went 3-0 after 25 mins and the style of football was a joy to behold that I almost passed out :D

FINAL

After the performance aginst Barca, I had no doubts that we would lift the Cup. Beating Barca in the first leg pretty much convinced me.

Chelsea (N) 4-1 (WIN) An incredible performance where Falcao scored after 37 seconds. He completed his hat-trick and Willian also added to his tally. Feels like a weight off the shoulders and now can really enjoy the rest of the game developing regens and building a revolution of developing superstars

After 5 seasons as the mighty gunners:

Premier League: '13,'14,'15,'17
F.A Cup: '15,'16
League Cup: '17
Champions League: '17

Totally trimming the squad now. After the Champions League victory mertesacker, podolski & cazorla have been sold. Adding to sagna, santos, gervinho and giroud from before.

6 regens are now in the first team squad so I am really excited for the future. Fierro will replace Falcao. Joel, Sinnot, Stimpson, Biquinho, Nesterenko, Belleste are the future and all under 22 (H)

Totally trimming the squad now. After the Champions League victory mertesacker, podolski & cazorla have been sold. Adding to sagna, santos, gervinho and giroud from before.

6 regens are now in the first team squad so I am really excited for the future. Fierro will replace Falcao. Joel, Sinnot, Stimpson, Biquinho, Nesterenko, Belleste are the future and all under 22 (H)

After 7 seasons as the mighty gunners:

Premier League: '13,'14,'15,'17,'18,'19
F.A Cup: '15,'16,'18
League Cup: '17,'18
Champions League: '17,'18,'19

Completely enjoying the experience now as my regens are smashing it... Fierro has picked off from fm12 to be a killer in fm13...

Koscielney has been sold to allow for the youth and vermaelen is leaving for a free next summer with Fellaini getting sold...

Falcao has also been sold to allow for my Paolo (regen) to take the reigns as backup... Thoroughly enjoying bringing youth in to dominate...

Will upload screen shots soon

That's very impressive! i found a lot of regens that were under 22 that was quality! hopefully you might find a few more :)

The first few posts you made sounded earily like my save :O I am Arsenal too, won the league, and my strikers barely score! (All my goals come from the wings!)

Maybe you should start a story or something to post about your save? :)
Football Manager 2013 Manager Stories

That's very impressive! i found a lot of regens that were under 22 that was quality! hopefully you might find a few more :)

Thanks mate

I have found more regens and have a gluttony of guys coming through the ranks.... Just won a 4th champsleague in a row

Sold Fellaini and Walcott to allow room for 2 more regens and let vermaelen leave on a free and spent 13.5m on a regen defender

It is very exciting as I now have all that success and am now just allowing the youth to become stars

I will add screenshots but out of my squad of 22 I have: Belleste free (gk), Calleja 0.8m(rb), Tolley 13.5m(cb), Nesterenko 9m (cb), Stimpson youth (cb), Mendy free (cb), Mcgonigle youth (dm), Sinnott youth(am), Bohm free (rm), Paulo 4.6m(st), biquinho 9.25m(lb), joel 2.2m(am)

As you can see I have not spent that much and 3 are from my youth ranks which gives me more pleasure when I win trophies

The first few posts you made sounded earily like my save :O I am Arsenal too, won the league, and my strikers barely score! (All my goals come from the wings!)

Maybe you should start a story or something to post about your save? :)
Football Manager 2013 Manager Stories

If you want to spend big then Falcao is unreal, should be able to get him for under 30m and he is worth it. As I was desperate for the glory I got him but then eventually went for Fierro who overall becomes better at 11m

In my infamous 4-3-2-1 the wingers bang em in and Ox is brilliant. Consistently gets over 15 goals

I just do not have the time to make a story but am amazed when people make them as it is so intricate

gooner till i die!!!!

After 7 seasons as the mighty gunners:

Premier League: '13,'14,'15,'17,'18,'19
Champions League: '17,'18,'19

Completely enjoying the experience now as my regens are smashing it... Fierro has picked off from fm12 to be a killer in fm13...

Koscielney has been sold to allow for the youth and vermaelen is leaving for a free next summer with Fellaini getting sold...

Falcao has also been sold to allow for my Paolo (regen) to take the reigns as backup... Thoroughly enjoying bringing youth in to dominate...

Will upload screen shots soon

Premier League: '13,'14,'15,'17,'18,'19,'20
Champions League: '17,'18,'19,'20

Just unreal now....

Fellaini, Walcott & Vermaelen gone for 3 more regens in Bohm (free), Tolley (13m) and McGonigle (youth)

Get so much pleasure when I bring the players up and have success with them...

I will add screenshots but out of my squad of 22 I have: Belleste free (gk), Calleja 0.8m(rb), Tolley 13.5m(cb), Nesterenko 9m (cb), Stimpson youth (cb), Mendy free (cb), Mcgonigle youth (dm), Sinnott youth(am), Bohm free (rm), Paulo 4.6m(st), biquinho 9.25m(lb), joel 2.2m(am

As stated, below are my regens (H)

Belleste free (gk), Calleja 0.8m(rb), Tolley 13.5m(cb), Nesterenko 9m (cb), Stimpson youth (cb), Mendy free (cb), Mcgonigle youth (dm), Sinnott youth(am), Bohm free (rm), Paulo 4.6m(st), biquinho 9.25m(lb), joel 2.2m(am)

View attachment 289965View attachment 289966View attachment 289968View attachment 289969View attachment 289970View attachment 289971View attachment 289972View attachment 289973View attachment 289976View attachment 289974View attachment 289975View attachment 289964

Premier League: '13,'14,'15,'17,'18,'19,'20
Champions League: '17,'18,'19,'20

Just unreal now....

Fellaini, Walcott & Vermaelen gone for 3 more regens in Bohm (free), Tolley (13m) and McGonigle (youth)

Get so much pleasure when I bring the players up and have success with them...

I will add screenshots but out of my squad of 22 I have: Belleste free (gk), Calleja 0.8m(rb), Tolley 13.5m(cb), Nesterenko 9m (cb), Stimpson youth (cb), Mendy free (cb), Mcgonigle youth (dm), Sinnott youth(am), Bohm free (rm), Paulo 4.6m(st), biquinho 9.25m(lb), joel 2.2m(am

Premier League: '13,'14,'15,'17,'18,'19,'20,'21
F.A Cup: '15,'16,'18,'21
Champions League: '17,'18,'19,'20,'21

I don't even know how to explain another champs league! That's means 5 in a row!!! Gibbs and walker been sold for 32m combined

Another couple of regens have replaced them and I will upload some screenshots soon

my legacy is stamped now and I'm just enjoying building up my team of youth and establishing them into stars

love it!!!

There are some quality regens in there. Have they come straight through the Gunners academy?Well the ones you have not bought.

There are some quality regens in there. Have they come straight through the Gunners academy?Well the ones you have not bought.

A lot of them I have signed as free transfers or on a pre contract. Above the pics you will see prices next to each name. Always search assistant report for both your reserves and under 18

i am not afraid to put faith in the youngs as long as there is experience as well

i will upload more regens to feast your eyes on

cheers

Premier League: '13,'14,'15,'17,'18,'19,'20,'21,'22
F.A Cup: '15,'16,'18,'21,'22
League Cup: '17,'18,'22
Champions League: '17,'18,'19,'20,'21,'22

ok I swear I am not cheating :) second quadruple in 10 years, not too bad. Got a few more regens now and sold Ramsey for 30m and m'vila for 20m. Bought an amazing regen for 28m. First big signing in a few years

will upload more screenshots soon...