gogogo golem

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anybody has given any of their players pain killing injections, I never have out of fear of them going wrong so I wanted to know other peoples experiences and whether or not you are cautious like me.

I don't either but always wondered what happens if you give them the injection and then don't play them in the next game.

Never used them. I could maybe see you using them at a lower league club, where there's a big game approaching and the star striker your team is built around gets an injury, but regardless of stature my management style has always been built around having depth in the squad, and tactics that don't rely on a single player.

Curious if a player can refuse it though. Always seems like you force them to get the injection. Sounds a lot like assault!

Never ever done it, because usually I have quality back-up. And I don't want to risk my players either getting unhappy because they were forced to play or being out for longer than originally expected. It's not the smartest thing to do, the injection.

i've just encountered a scenario regarding injection which i consider to be a little buggy.
i played my last game before the winter break and my cb got injured. the staff gave me the option of playing him with an injection, but the funny part was that the next game was almost 3 weeks later.

anyways, like u guys i've never had the balls to use it but still curious of the possible outcome

I tried it once. Doubt I'd ever use it again.

I was playing with Red Star Belgrade and my best player, Evandro, got hurt right before a huge game against Partizan. So I gave him the injection, but his fitness was only at 91% for the game and I ended up having to sub him off because he was getting too tired. He didn't get unhappy about it though.

Curious if a player can refuse it though. Always seems like you force them to get the injection. Sounds a lot like assault!

Yeah they can refuse it. I tried giving Torres one back in FM09 and he refused it and was unhappy as well. It might be related to your rep though as with a higher rep the player might be more likely to listen. I'd also assume that their relationship with you will come into account. Doubt a player that doesn't like you would accept an injection.

I guess you are all like me but I'm interested to know if anybody actually uses it.

i used it two or three times in all my fm careers. Once, made the player available for the game and actually shortened his injury time alot. Another time, it failed and got him injured more. So its more like a risky thing. I don't use it anymore anyway.

Only ever used it once, before a cup semi final. Player took it, and I cannot recall well, but I think he played OK. My focus was more on it being a cup semi, and seeing as we lost (third year in a row to lose in the semi), I forgot about it pretty quickly - I don't recall there being any problem with it, either with happiness or performance - wish I could have given our keeper something though.

Don't do it unless you absolutely positively must have the player for the next game.

Lose a player an additional 2-3 weeks if not more? Not worth it.

I was forced to give rooney after thigh strain for Champions league final against Madrid because hernandez was out for 4 weeks and welbeck was not good enough for such an important match.Rooney scored 1 goal but was tired after 70 min so brought him off and brought cb on to not concede again.He did not get angry or anything.Injections should only be used for derbies or cup finals only.