Injuries during international duty... Aarrgh!!!

torglenn

Reaction score
So... I've had Yaya Sanogo for two years, just waiting for for his enormous potential to really come through. He scored a lot of goals right from the start, and the future looked bright. Then it started...
Every time (and I mean EVERY time) he goes away on international duty, he gets injured for months. When he gets well, he goes on international duty, and... You get it.

What to do? His profile page says he's extremely happy about beeing part of the french national team (U20), so I can't tell him to quit. Why is he happy? They're torturing the lad!
Hmmm... wish I could report the French Football Association to Amnesty International or something...

Hope someone has a genious solution to this, as I'm about to just sell him, and try to get some spare change before he's injured for life...

I just started taking out players like bale and hazard, I have a regen who has been injured 8 times during internationals, or limiting the others to 45 mins. Is there a way of complaining because in my save moyes complains all the time, I never get that option..

I know what you mean. I've never gotten the option to complain about the situation. Would've liked to tell those guys where to stick it... :p
I've tried to limit Sanogo to 45 mins., but he still gets injured EVERY time. His health doesn't seem bad in general, and he never gets injured with the club, so I really don't know what they do to him. But it has gotta stop.

I was forced to buy a replacement, and he's even better than Sanogo. So I'm gonna have a private chat with Sanogo, asking him to retire from internationals. If he doesen't like it, I'll just sell him (as soon as he can pass a medical, that is...). I would still make money, as he is valued pretty high.

Yeah I see what you mean, I wrote down my injuries in the last friendlys and two players got injured, big players I'm CM(d) and P(a) so for the last 3 I have withdrawn them all. Players haven't said anything.. I do wish there was a press option to complain that would be good.

Latest update on Sanogo: He was to join the international squad for a friendly, and I withdrew him. He hated my guts for it, I got fed up, and put him on the transfer list. (He had only played three full matches in five months anyway, due to injuries)

Chelsea offer me three times what I gave for him, and I gladly accept the offer. He's in my squad for two more months, until next transfer window. All of a sudden, Sanogo is matchfit, I put him on, and he scores for fun again.
So now the fans hate me for selling him... :mad:

I was inches away from rage-quitting...

Yeah haha either way your going to seen to rule successfully with N iron fist or the player feels your holding him back.. It's probably cause you pulled him out and sold him, I would say you could nurture another younger player that would be better than sanogo.. Or buy a better player?!

for only once, i got a compensation when Bernard mensah(Striker) was injured during International games. he was injured for 3weeks and they pay for the 3 weeks wages. (80k/wk)

and now, i have 32 players on International Duties, can imagine if half of them are injured T_TView attachment 252400

I find that far too many injuries happen with international friendlies, it almost feels like it is scripted.