Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm not going to scream bug as I know there are plenty of injuries in real life, but I wonder what I could do to probably help myself. Pre-Season training injuries on one of my saves I've been incredibly unlucky and I haven't started the season yet. I'm 90% certain it is probably what I do in training.

This is what I've done for years in pre-season just to get my tactic ready/players match fit.
Leave the main training on balanced and the match training on the default too (I think just match or tactics I can't remember the actual name). I set the balanced side to very heavy and move the slider to more match training as I find they learn the tactic a lot quicker.

Could you guys possibly recommend a better approach for me?

EDIT: If anyone has a decent thing to read about pre-season training then I wouldn't mind that either, I guess the main things I want are my team to be fit for the season ahead and all be comfortable with 1 or 2 tactics at least with a 3rd nearly ready.

Last edited:
Alright guys, I'm not going to scream bug as I know there are plenty of injuries in real life, but I wonder what I could do to probably help myself. Pre-Season training injuries on one of my saves I've been incredibly unlucky and I haven't started the season yet. I'm 90% certain it is probably what I do in training.

This is what I've done for years in pre-season just to get my tactic ready/players match fit.
Leave the main training on balanced and the match training on the default too (I think just match or tactics I can't remember the actual name). I set the balanced side to very heavy and move the slider to more match training as I find they learn the tactic a lot quicker.

Could you guys possibly recommend a better approach for me?

EDIT: If anyone has a decent thing to read about pre-season training then I wouldn't mind that either, I guess the main things I want are my team to be fit for the season ahead and all be comfortable with 1 or 2 tactics at least with a 3rd nearly ready.
The Match Prep training slider should be all the way to the left. That's all. It'll show on your calender as 2 days match prep training before a match.

The "Very Heavy" is general training and that is dangerous to make it that intense when players aren't fit/match fit yet.

FWIW, training injuries are being looked at still, so there may be tweaks to it in future.

Ah maybe I'm doing it the wrong way then, I always have done this approach so maybe if I slide it all the way to the left to get the tactic trained quicker then maybe leave training on average rather than pushing it to very heavy, then once all tactics are learned I could look to move the slider right a notch or two.

I think the reason I found it odd was that they were longer injuries, not just short so I had a feeling my training could have played a factor and as you said, making it so intense so early, could be a factor as I'd imagine more likely could find a player is more likely to pull a hamstring or something like that until they are fit.

I only really use the other categories for General Training if I feel the tactic suddenly stops performing in an area, while the match training I only use in the season depending on who I am playing or if the game before we had a howler in a certain area of the pitch!

Ah maybe I'm doing it the wrong way then, I always have done this approach so maybe if I slide it all the way to the left to get the tactic trained quicker then maybe leave training on average rather than pushing it to very heavy, then once all tactics are learned I could look to move the slider right a notch or two.
That's basically what I do. Leave the Intensity at Average (although I'm sure you can go 1 higher) and concentrate on the match prep.

I think the reason I found it odd was that they were longer injuries, not just short so I had a feeling my training could have played a factor and as you said, making it so intense so early, could be a factor as I'd imagine more likely could find a player is more likely to pull a hamstring or something like that until they are fit.

My personal opinion is that the number of injuries won't change, but maybe just the severity (and the length they're out then, obviously) might be toned down a little. I think there are too few short spell injuries, too many medium term ones and maybe too few long term injuries.

I can't say I really know as I've probably done my approach for the past 4-5 games, it just seems I've been lucky enough to not have this happen before. It's all because I used to think, pre-season is when you train hard to get fit, then during the season, make it a little less strenuous as you've got competitive games as well.

Just the injury system is quite complicated, so I can't agree with Bujakaa.

I can't say I really know as I've probably done my approach for the past 4-5 games, it just seems I've been lucky enough to not have this happen before. It's all because I used to think, pre-season is when you train hard to get fit, then during the season, make it a little less strenuous as you've got competitive games as well.

In theory, yes. Think about it though. They've just come back from holiday and get hammered in training in the first week. That won't have good results. You'll have more luck starting off average and ramping it up later in pre-season when the players are a bit more up to speed. Still, it doesn't affect fitness in-game though. Future FMs hopefully will.

Just the injury system is quite complicated, so I can't agree with Bujakaa.

In theory, yes. Think about it though. They've just come back from holiday and get hammered in training in the first week. That won't have good results. You'll have more luck starting off average and ramping it up later in pre-season when the players are a bit more up to speed. Still, it doesn't affect fitness in-game though. Future FMs hopefully will.
I might try that then, average first couple of weeks, possibly heavy the next two, then back to average for the season, I think I just looked at it slightly wrong if I'm honest!

Makes sense when I think about it, just before never really looked at it like that!