• Thread starter Thread starter D3L B0Y
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.

D3L B0Y

Reaction score
Will there be a fix for the injury bug I'm very happy with the ME but the injury bug is completely making the game unplayable IMO , I'm currently Newcastle only into November and I already have 7 1st team players out with long term injuries and am already having to use a few reserves , surely we can't be expected to play the game like this until FM 14

I've noticed considerably more and frequent injuries as well and with many different saves. Not saying that its unreal, but it has been increased.

Last edited:
Will there be a fix for the injury bug I'm very happy with the ME but the injury bug is completely making the game unplayable IMO , I'm currently Newcastle only into November and I already have 7 1st team players out with long term injuries and am already having to use a few reserves , surely we can't be expected to play the game like this until FM 14

You assume first and foremost there is a bug. This hasnt even been proven. SI keep asking those who think they are seeing too many to provide lots of detailed evidence. Very few people have done so.

Also what you are describing isnt even a bug right now. In fact that is exactly what happened to newcastle irl and manchester United. Injury crises do happen. Currently the rate of injuries in FM is lower than in real life.

You assume first and foremost there is a bug. This hasnt even been proven. SI keep asking those who think they are seeing too many to provide lots of detailed evidence. Very few people have done so.

Also what you are describing isnt even a bug right now. In fact that is exactly what happened to newcastle irl and manchester United. Injury crises do happen. Currently the rate of injuries in FM is lower than in real life.

So are you saying that your one of the minority that isn't being affected by this , the ME is by far better then when it was released but there was none of this injury **** ,

So are you saying that your one of the minority that isn't being affected by this , the ME is by far better then when it was released but there was none of this injury **** ,

No Im saying that SI runs thousands of soak tests and the injury rates are still below real life. You having 7 injuries in november isnt a bug.

No Im saying that SI runs thousands of soak tests and the injury rates are still below real life. You having 7 injuries in november isnt a bug.

So when this wasn't happening and we were only getting a certain amount of injuries every now and then that was a bug was it because its either one or the other

So when this wasn't happening and we were only getting a certain amount of injuries every now and then that was a bug was it because its either one or the other

The injury rates haven't changed since the start FM13. At no point have they adjusted it since the release of the game. So no its not neither one or the other.

Either way you wont be seeing a fix for something that has yet to be verified or even considered as bug by SI, especially when all their detailed tests point to rates being consistently slightly lower than seen in real life.

Hence why they say if anyone feels that it is persistently too high, send in saved games and how they play so they can analyse it.

Last edited:
The injury rates haven't changed since the start FM13. At no point have they adjusted it since the release of the game. So no its not neither one or the other.

Either way you wont be seeing a fix for something that has yet to be verified or even considered as bug by SI, especially when all their detailed tests point to rates being consistently slightly lower than seen in real life.

Hence why they say if anyone feels that it is persistently too high, send in saved games and how they play so they can analyse it.

Fair enough your the expert what do we know

Fair enough your the expert what do we know

Like I said, if you think something is persistently wrong, do the above, they actively encourage people to send stuff in.

Like I said, if you think something is persistently wrong, do the above, they actively encourage people to send stuff in.

I sent stuff in on SI website....... Playing with newcastle, I had 8 serious injuries in 4 matches......... My training is Balanced - Average with rest before and after Matches.......... Does that happen in real life? Alot of people are complaining about it, don't that strike u as odd? I paid $40 (First Timer) for this game I expect better. I also noticed most injuries happen between the 1st - 10th minute.

I don't think it's a bug, I think it needs tweaking. The injuries are a bit too often long-term, and due to SI's heavy-handed approach with injury severity (in game a broken leg is pretty much definitely going to ruin a player's career, same can't be said in real life) it can often work out with your team being pretty broken.

That said, the rate of injuries itself is spot on. Go check physioroom and see how often players get injured. It's a huge amount. At any given time a team can expect at least five or so players out of action with minor injuries. Some players are good at avoiding those niggly little injuries - Frank Lampard, for example - but most suffer them relatively regularly.

I sent stuff in on SI website....... Playing with newcastle, I had 8 serious injuries in 4 matches......... My training is Balanced - Average with rest before and after Matches.......... Does that happen in real life? Alot of people are complaining about it, don't that strike u as odd? I paid $40 (First Timer) for this game I expect better. I also noticed most injuries happen between the 1st - 10th minute.

If there's a pattern like that it sounds like you're doing something wrong. Could be a range of things. Pre-season training and what have you.

A lot of people are not complaining. Their own detailed tests which are far more robust show no issues.

Last edited:

View attachment 317001View attachment 317002

I don't think it's a bug, I think it needs tweaking. The injuries are a bit too often long-term, and due to SI's heavy-handed approach with injury severity (in game a broken leg is pretty much definitely going to ruin a player's career, same can't be said in real life) it can often work out with your team being pretty broken.

That said, the rate of injuries itself is spot on. Go check physioroom and see how often players get injured. It's a huge amount. At any given time a team can expect at least five or so players out of action with minor injuries. Some players are good at avoiding those niggly little injuries - Frank Lampard, for example - but most suffer them relatively regularly.

You're on to injury modelling. Here is where I think is an issue. Players are picking up strain injuries for impacts, things like 4 weeks out with a sprained ankle etc. My next save I'm specifically looking at the type and length on injuries.

It's not our job to do SI's testing for them. That should have been done before the patch was released. Especially as the game auto-updates on Steam. They turn over a lot of revenue from us and should be able to spot an overflow bug without our input.

I can't be bothered to send SI data. And I don't see why I should. I have other stuff to do, other games which I can play until they fix it. ****, I might even go outside in the sunshine and talk to girls. (Not really.) You can't seriously argue that if people aren't reporting the problem it doesn't exist - most people who spend £30 on the retail release of a game are like me, if a game is made unplayable they'll go do something else. Telling SI about it is what the beta testers should have been doing. Were there any?

Since the injury bug was released, I have had my entire team decimated to the point where I can't field a first XI of senior players. And even more glaringly, once the overflow bug kicks in, players with the 'injury prone' attribute get injured literally every single match - in real life someone that injury prone could simply not have a career as a professional footballer. And there are enough people experiencing the same thing that it's way past the point at which you can blame bad luck.

View attachment 317001View attachment 317002

I would love to see more detail, because you are picking up injuries in a pattern, which suggests you are regularly suffering from the same issue, or doing the same thing wrong. That said Newcastle are not the hardiest team, lots of their players tend to pick up injuries.

I would love to see more detail, because you are picking up injuries in a pattern, which suggests you are regularly suffering from the same issue, or doing the same thing wrong. That said Newcastle are not the hardiest team, lots of their players tend to pick up injuries.

Details like what, i'll try and get it

It's not our job to do SI's testing for them. That should have been done before the patch was released. Especially as the game auto-updates on Steam. They turn over a lot of revenue from us and should be able to spot an overflow bug without our input.

I can't be bothered to send SI data. And I don't see why I should. I have other stuff to do, other games which I can play until they fix it. ****, I might even go outside in the sunshine and talk to girls. (Not really.) You can't seriously argue that if people aren't reporting the problem it doesn't exist - most people who spend £30 on the retail release of a game are like me, if a game is made unplayable they'll go do something else. Telling SI about it is what the beta testers should have been doing. Were there any?

Since the injury bug was released, I have had my entire team decimated to the point where I can't field a first XI of senior players. And even more glaringly, once the overflow bug kicks in, players with the 'injury prone' attribute get injured literally every single match - in real life someone that injury prone could simply not have a career as a professional footballer. And there are enough people experiencing the same thing that it's way past the point at which you can blame bad luck.

I'm not sure you read my post. Again they don't believe there is an issue. This is the key point. And none of their tests ( which are far more detailed) show an issue. More to the point, the evidence is on their side. So again, if they dont believe there is an issue they are not going to change it.

You are saying there is, but you dont want to show anything about it, but then expect them to change their mind?

You've missed the point entirely because you have jumped to the conclusion there is a bug, but at no point to they believe there is one, so why would they fix it, nor how can it be missed if they don't deem anything is wrong. So talking about beta testers is neither here nor there.

So talking about an injury bug is totally jumping the gun.

Last edited:
Details like what, i'll try and get it

How often do you rotate?

Do your players have individual training?

How high is this training?

What player and team instructions do you give them?

do you slow down the play during the game etc?

What shouts do you use etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back