Injury bug

• Thread starter Thread starter D3L B0Y
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again they don't believe there is an issue. This is the key point. And none of their tests ( which a fare more detailed) show an issue. More to the point, the evidence is on their side. So again, if they dont believe there is an issue they are not going to change it.

You are saying there is, but you dont want to show anything about it, but then expect them to change their mind?

You've missed the point entirely because you have jumped to the conclusion bug, but at no point to they believe there is one, so why would they fix it, nor how can it be missed if they dont deem anything is wrong.

I have no idea what their tests are, but they clearly aren't playing the game as it is actually meant to be played, say, through the course of at least two seasons, through dozens of different iterations. Because that is what we are doing. And when actual players play the game for more than a couple of seasons, dozens of them find that players get injured at an incredible rate, as the evidence from this forum shows.

Perhaps their 'detailed tests' consist of running the same match over and over again at the beginning of a season. Which wouldn't highlight the problem that happens when you've played through two entire seasons. It's clearly an overflow bug, of the kind that made the original Pacman go crazy when you went through too many levels.

As for showing it, I've posted my injury list on another thread about this problem. (Sorry, I'm not going to dig out which particular one it was out of the many threads there are about this apparently non-existent problem. Check my post history.) What would be the point of showing it to SI? It's one data point. It shouldn't tell them anything that their patch beta testing didn't find out.

*edit*

Btw, in my particular case it's not one data point, it's two. First save - played two seasons, players started getting injured like mad, almost became unplayable (though came back just from the brink). Second save - played two seasons, players started getting injured like mad, became genuinely unplayable. If it was just me I wouldn't bother posting about it, I would just give it a third try or find something else to do, but it's clearly not just me as numerous others have reported exactly what I've seen. Play two seasons, some variable somewhere overflows, and injuries go off the scale.

Last edited:
I have no idea what their tests are, but they clearly aren't playing the game as it is actually meant to be played, say, through the course of at least two seasons, through dozens of different iterations. Because that is what we are doing. And when actual players play the game for more than a couple of seasons, dozens of them find that players get injured at an incredible rate, as the evidence from this forum shows.

Perhaps their 'detailed tests' consist of running the same match over and over again at the beginning of a season. Which wouldn't highlight the problem that happens when you've played through two entire seasons. It's clearly an overflow bug, of the kind that made the original Pacman go crazy when you went through too many levels.

As for showing it, I've posted my injury list on another thread about this problem. (Sorry, I'm not going to dig out which particular one it was out of the many threads there are about this apparently non-existent problem. Check my post history.) What would be the point of showing it to SI? It's one data point. It shouldn't tell them anything that their patch beta testing didn't find out.

Telling Mike. how SI testers work really is the height of irony.

Perhaps their 'detailed tests' consist of running the same match over and over again at the beginning of a season. Which wouldn't highlight the problem that happens when you've played through two entire seasons. It's clearly an overflow bug, of the kind that made the original Pacman go crazy when you went through too many levels

You would be horribly incorrect about how they test the game then.

People make excuses and reasons about not wanting to send stuff in. When in fact SI actively encourage people to send in data. I do it every time I think there is an issue. At least half of those I've sent in over the years have turned out to be bugs which have since been fixed.

On this issue of the current bugs i've found with the new patch:

I only got 5 regens in my last batch, the rest were greyed out

injury prone players are struggling more it seems but it could be totatly random

a strange number of incredible 2nd leg comebacks : so far rmadrid came back from 5-0 down to win 7-1 in the ecl semis - looked so fixed especially since the other team was the team than won it twice in a row the years before :/ charlton destroying arsenal 8-1 to over come a 5-0 first leg lost, and bolton winning 8-0 to over come a 7-0 loss in the first leg.

To those that gets a lot of injuries... You probably.

Use the same players over and over again, even though their fitness and condition is good, they can become jaded.

Have a high training workload, consider those that get injured during training or in match. (Try actually to "Rest" players)

Don't have good fitness and/or physio coach(es)

Overlook players physical attributes, such as strength, fitness can be put into factor.

Never do strength or aerobic training.

Never sub players during a match, even if they have a rating of 10.0. Once they get tired, sub them off. (I say below 75% con)

Don't realise that it's a random element, and please just get on it with it and do what you can with what you have.

Oh and uh, its not a bug. Injuries are meant to happen...

To those that gets a lot of injuries... You probably.

Use the same players over and over again, even though their fitness and condition is good, they can become jaded.

Have a high training workload, consider those that get injured during training or in match. (Try actually to "Rest" players)

Don't have good fitness and/or physio coach(es)

Overlook players physical attributes, such as strength, fitness can be put into factor.

Never do strength or aerobic training.

Never sub players during a match, even if they have a rating of 10.0. Once they get tired, sub them off. (I say below 75% con)

Don't realise that it's a random element, and please just get on it with it and do what you can with what you have.

Oh and uh, its not a bug. Injuries are meant to happen...

Oh and uh, they don't happen this regular bud.................

I definitely appreciate that the ratio of in match injuries compared to other injuries is perhaps too high, with too many injuries happening in match.

However the game is universal, it's not like some people's game are different to other people's games. There are enough people who are not having such injury problems to suggest that if you are having injury problems it is either 1) bad luck, or 2) something in the way you have set things up in your game which is causing it.

I'm not going to profess to knowing what that problem might be, but I have 3 saves going...one with AVFC in 2022, one with Crewe in 2019 and one with Bilbao in 2019 (currently only playing the Bilbao one) and I haven't had an injury crisis in any of these saves. When I look down the injury list for all teams in my league, it also seems perfectly normal.

Aside from the ratio of injuries in match perhaps being too high, in my opinion if this was a true 'bug' then surely the problem would be universal?

Post 13.3 I have started 2 new saves. One for Juventus and one Liverpool. I've had 2 injuries in 6 months with Juve but currently 6 first team players injured for Liverpool. Personally I think that is entirely down to how I am playing my Liverpool team, not a bug. Playing players out of position, not much rotation, testing new tactics and infrequent rests are probably all contributing factors. I do none of that with Juve.

One thing I have noticed however is a possible disconnect with a player picking up a knock during a match, the assistant manager telling me he should be able to shake it off, leaving the player on the pitch to carry on playing and the resulting injury after the game.

In the last 10 instances of seeing this during a match, 7 have resulted in the player being sidelined for up to 4 weeks with a torn hamstring, sprained ankle or similar. To me, those are not in game injuries they "should be able to shake off". Ok there are some injuries that can worsen over the course of a match that a player can play on with, but not a torn hamstring (for example).

I'm keeping track of this and will ultimately send results to SI.

Post 13.3 I have started 2 new saves. One for Juventus and one Liverpool. I've had 2 injuries in 6 months with Juve but currently 6 first team players injured for Liverpool. Personally I think that is entirely down to how I am playing my Liverpool team, not a bug. Playing players out of position, not much rotation, testing new tactics and infrequent rests are probably all contributing factors. I do none of that with Juve.

One thing I have noticed however is a possible disconnect with a player picking up a knock during a match, the assistant manager telling me he should be able to shake it off, leaving the player on the pitch to carry on playing and the resulting injury after the game.

In the last 10 instances of seeing this during a match, 7 have resulted in the player being sidelined for up to 4 weeks with a torn hamstring, sprained ankle or similar. To me, those are not in game injuries they "should be able to shake off". Ok there are some injuries that can worsen over the course of a match that a player can play on with, but not a torn hamstring (for example).

when a player is injured during the game and is not a forced sub, as you stated, your AM says "he can shake it off" sub him immediately as this always leads to much longer term injuries as you stated already..

I do this all the time

I sent stuff in on SI website....... Playing with newcastle, I had 8 serious injuries in 4 matches......... My training is Balanced - Average with rest before and after Matches.......... Does that happen in real life? Alot of people are complaining about it, don't that strike u as odd? I paid $40 (First Timer) for this game I expect better. I also noticed most injuries happen between the 1st - 10th minute.

Like you FM 13 is my first of the series - so I can by no means compare to earlier releases...

Now, playing about the 10th season I have noticed that press comments and match talk seem to have a direct influence on injuries...
Like every time I use ".... I expect more of the same..." (can't remember the actual wording just now) in post-match press I feel like that player gets injured like the next game (early in to the match...)
Similar when using agressive individual talks...

to be honest I have no clue if there's some ruling behind it - nor what it is - so it's really just a hunch here - but then again, maybe I am just lucky to stay relatively injury-free

This is very much something I am tracking myself.

Also i think we should get more in match information about suspected injuries as well.

This is very much something I am tracking myself.

Also i think we should get more in match information about suspected injuries as well.

it would be nice to get an indication of what type of injury it he picked up giving you the option of seeing if it is viable for you to keep him on or sub him out..

if he has a gashed leg/head or something not that severe, you can play him through it and not end up with a 5 week injury post match..

if he has done something to his hamstring or even fractured his foot/metatarsals, you know that it could potentially be dangerous and that would be your prerogative to replace him, if you leave him on it could potentially end up being sever..

The reason people are saying it is a bug is simple. It wasn't there before the latest patch and now it is, hence a difference has been noticed.
I have a save of 11 seasons which i started in Jan. large amounts of players out injured at one time were never a problem, the patch came in and boom, anywhere between 1 and 5 players injured or picking up knocks per game (the majority being minor but still requiring a sub). My tactics, training, players, staff, everything were all the same pre and post patch so the only variable is the patch itself.

I'm not saying it's a bug though, but something definatley got tweaked.

The reason people are saying it is a bug is simple. It wasn't there before the latest patch and now it is, hence a difference has been noticed.
I have a save of 11 seasons which i started in Jan. large amounts of players out injured at one time were never a problem, the patch came in and boom, anywhere between 1 and 5 players injured or picking up knocks per game (the majority being minor but still requiring a sub). My tactics, training, players, staff, everything were all the same pre and post patch so the only variable is the patch itself.

I'm not saying it's a bug though, but something definatley got tweaked.

Nothing got tweaked on injuries in 13.3.0, or indeed in FM13 since release.

after typing this I got 3 injuries in my game against Pool, 2 in the first 18 minutes, Frederick Mdijtso and Lallana, both could have continued however, Fredericks condition was 68% and Lallana's was 81% (I could have left Lallana on but my winger depth has been depleted due to the AFCON) Sarabia got injured around the 78 minute mark and had made all my subs so had to keep him on!

all players were at minimum 96% condition and all match fit prior to kickoff!

well looking back, I actually picked up 4 injuries, Samba had to be replaced in the 68th minute but he has not picked up an injury, he is just tired

Frederick has not picked up an injury post match, even though his condition was worse than Lallana's who picked up a 2-3 week injury

Last edited:
Nothing got tweaked on injuries in 13.3.0, or indeed in FM13 since release.

Well perhaps they tweaked something else that affects injury rate by proxy? If not then maybe it is a bug then.
But like i said there is a very noticable change to inury rate.

Well perhaps they tweaked something else that affects injury rate by proxy? If not then maybe it is a bug then.
But like i said there is a very noticable change to inury rate.

It could easily be neither, since their soak tests and play tests are below the real life injury rates. And since they didnt tweak the ME in 13.3.0, it wouldn't be something else by proxy.

Nor would I say noticeable, its certainly not universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back