Instead of blaming the game, which is easy to do, why don't you have a look at what you're doing with training? You're either working them too hard or too little, if this is constantly happening.

Actually I have a suspicion you have a bit of a point. SI keep saying otherwise but its too much of a pattern. If you have smallish squad who is doing well on various fronts (or doing better than expected) the game's difficulty level spikes up to make it more difficult for you and you start noticing increases in injuries. It also happens if you are a smallish team and you get a top player in paying good money. 90% of the time he gets quickly injured for 2/3 months.

But I dont view it as unreasonable/bad thing. Its just something I view as an additional challenge to overcome.

WJ also has a point as I admit myself here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...6-ask-uncle-mad-uncle-mads-box-choccys-7.html

Actually I have a suspicion you have a bit of a point. SI keep saying otherwise but its too much of a pattern. If you have smallish squad who is doing well on various fronts (or doing better than expected) the game's difficulty level spikes up to make it more difficult for you and you start noticing increases in injuries. It also happens if you are a smallish team and you get a top player in paying good money. 90% of the time he gets quickly injured for 2/3 months.

But I dont view it as unreasonable/bad thing. Its just something I view as an additional challenge to overcome.

Except the game doesn't do that. There's no artificial modifier to make the game more difficult.

If it's a one-off, fine. If this happens regularly, he either has injury prone players or he's doing something wrong with training. Injury rates in FM are lower than real life, so there's no bug.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're not "resting" your players and that you generally have TOO MANY players for the Belgian league. Either drop them to the reserve side or sell/release/list. I've noticed larger squads have more injuries. Only the top, top clubs need the 24-25 players for the 4-7 competitions they'll be featured in depending on the league.

Also certain teams in certain leagues DO have bias. Go check Manure vs. Arsenal for example or City vs. anyone. Their injury proneness and also big match/consistency ratings are severely INCONSISTENT whether it be the scouts fault, SIs fault, fans fault, medias fault... who knows! Ha! Yaya Sanogo has a huge injury proneness rating yet he's only really ever had a broken leg. That "6 month injury" when he was at Arsenal was never an injury as disclosed by Wenger. But when he was labeled as injured when he came in media jumps on it, scouts sometimes only take media's opinion and SI can only listen to what the scouts tell them... WHO KNOWS, variables, too many to think of. Just lessen your players in your first team and learn to use the "rest" button.

Thought for food.

Last edited: