Injury jinx at the same position

Thestaggy

Reaction score
Long story short;

Playing my final pre-season game and in the 41st minute my left back has to come off due to injury. Fine. So I shift my left wing into the left back position - he is a wingback that can play anywhere on the left side - and I slide one of my midfielders onto the left wing. 43rd minute and my newly positioned left back has to come off with an injury. I'm a little irked. So, now short suitable players, I slide my left-footed centreback out to the full back spot. Three guesses on what happens in 1st half stoppage time? Yes, the third player to fill in at the left back spot is knackered.

Now I do know FM can sometiems deal you stupid injuries, so I finish the game, keen to see what happened to my players;

Bill Joe King (first choice left back) - Broken foot out 5 months
Jeremy Helean (left-sided utility player) - Torn hamstring out 3 months
Shane Killock (captain and left-footed utility defender) - Sprained ankle out 1 month

Has this ever happened to anyone else? One position being seemingly jinxed to cause injuries?

yeah sort of i have 2 stikers a (i play a 451) that i would say are good enough to play for me and i also have neymar who i use at amr aml or striker if im desperate, im playing against sallamance should be straight foward when bam carrion is injuried only 21 minutes in on comes the other one im not too botherd, 31 minutes in mohammad is out too so on comes neymar and i sub hazard onto aml (hes 32 so not a starter for me now) then on 41 minutes neymar is injuired too, so i finish the game with a 4-6-0 formation and the shortest injury out of the 3 is 6-8 weeks, having to use garcia my 18yo who is a fit as ann windecome, god save me

yeah sort of i have 2 stikers a (i play a 451) that i would say are good enough to play for me and i also have neymar who i use at amr aml or striker if im desperate, im playing against sallamance should be straight foward when bam carrion is injuried only 21 minutes in on comes the other one im not too botherd, 31 minutes in mohammad is out too so on comes neymar and i sub hazard onto aml (hes 32 so not a starter for me now) then on 41 minutes neymar is injuired too, so i finish the game with a 4-6-0 formation and the shortest injury out of the 3 is 6-8 weeks, having to use garcia my 18yo who is a fit as ann windecome, god save me

Makes you wonder what the **** kind of opponents we were playing against that they can injure the same position. Dirty bastards. I'm shot now. I have no quality down the left, hence I converted a wingback into a wing. And the transfer window is closed so I'm pretty much buggered. I'm retraining my second choice right winger as a left winger but I'll be thin on depth now if one of those get done in.

i had something similar playing against liverpool but i think it was 2 injured and one booked, misses next match through suspension, luckily i had plenty of quality youth players to fill in but i wasn't happy.

I've never had more than two players go off in a game, and they're usually in completely different positions.