maccya

Reaction score
Meet Humam Tariq (dubbed the Iraqi Messi)

View attachment 319814View attachment 319813

Developing well. My captain, my initial inspiration for my Leipzig save. The man I believed could carry my team to continental glory and break the Top 2 Stranglehold in the Bundesliga. Has shown flashes of brilliance in his debut season at the Red Bull Arena. But since then, he has a shocker.

View attachment 319812View attachment 319811

Just recently after the Olympics, he comes back and he's ready for action. I've been intending to bring him back slowly into the side. We win 4-3 at Leverkusen and the training session after he picks up another injury. His 9th in actual fact. 5-6 months. Yet again...

View attachment 319808View attachment 319807

Worse thing is I don't what to do. I've become attached to him so selling isn't an option for now. He's ridiculously injury prone, even as much as Owen Hargreaves. He's never there and it's so frustrating. I can't strip him of the captaincy cause he has the backing of the dressing room after being here since the start of our adventure to the summit. He just gets injure so much. I know when I bought him, I would have some problems but I never thought it would be as bad as this!

I have Odegaard and Tielemans (picked Youri up on a free, was over the moon) so I have more than adequate backup coupled with cameos from promising 4 and half star regens

So the question is what do you do to deal with injury prone players such as Van Persie and co.? Can you curb their injuries somehow and still develop them to the best of their abillities. He's still young so there's a lot more to come.

Sell or Stick?

You know he's injury prone yet you have him on a heavy workload.... that's the first thing you need to change.
Second, look at your back room staff. How good are your Physios? Sign better/more as you need to keep him (and everyone else) fit and nurse them back to full fitness.

You'll want at avoid having him doing too much in training and make sure he's on light regimes. Never play him uless he's got 90%+ condition. Keeping an eye on the small things is key.

Do physios actually help either prevent injuries or accelerate recovery? I remember one version (FM 12 or 13 I think) said the only thing you get with a better physio is more accurate timetable for a an injured player's return...Has this been changed was it just wrong

Do physios actually help either prevent injuries or accelerate recovery? I remember one version (FM 12 or 13 I think) said the only thing you get with a better physio is more accurate timetable for a an injured player's return...Has this been changed was it just wrong

View attachment 319732

It could be wrong but I just tend to trust it.
It dose make sense though, A physios job (in real life) is to look after the physiology of the player's body. The better your medical department, the better condition your players will be in.

Right, in terms of real world it definitely should matter. I remember reading "higher physio attribute will result in more accurate timetable" type thing and thinking what is this garbage.

The screen you posted is kinda convincing though...unless you're bs-ing the board.

Plus I've been getting hit with a key injury once a week all of a sudden with just the one physio. Although honestly with the ridiculous frequency with which players cry about playing time in 15.2, all these injuries are the only way I can keep these babies happy.

Last edited:

I remember reading this in whatever version it was too. Managing a small club the first thing i did to save cash was sack all my physio's, it did not go well! :'(