Inquisition

Reaction score

Before you read. All credits go to Bornesplorer88 for letting me use this template and continue on the idea.
(will start a new thread for the actual game/story)

I am starting this as soon as the slots are all filled, I am going to do this with the Ligue 1.

This thread will act as a storyline, therefore for participation you will be required to post your Chairman decisions in a media styled format... all transfers and budgets will have to be ok'd by me prior to you making your announcements please feel free to PM me about your enquires.

I will post screenshots of the table when I see fit, or if you lot ask nicely and you will also be able to download the savegame file to scout and browse for your desired transfer targets or managerial changes

-:Full Rules:-
Participants must read the rules prior to signing up
I know this seems long and tedious but, in order to play the game you will need to read all of this to understand it. Trust me the end product is a whole lot of fun.
General Info:-
There will be 2 rolling threads.

Thread 1:- Story Mode, this will be were you will post your Press Releases and I will post the game data and updates
Thread 2(will add thread link soon):- Rules and Sign Up Thread, used for general discussions in addition to sign up and rules

Posting Rules
1) You must put some effort into your press releases. see this link for examples, similar to story

2) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates, read your PMs, and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.

3) Nothing is to be announced in this thread until I have told you it is OK.

4) Anything you want to do must be sent to me in a PM. I will then check it, and if it is all OK I will reply and let you know that you can announce it in the thread.

5) Failure to confirm things with me before announcing them will see you removed from the game.

Game Rules
General
1) You may sack your manager, or any other member of staff, at any time. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) Only realistic managerial appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to bring Pep Guardiola to Stoke. The same rule applies for other positions too. (The Manager rep must be lower than Club Rep +5%)

3) Signing a manager from another team will require you to pay a compensation value of the remainder of their contract + 25%. Manager Wages will be calculated at the same rate as players from own nation and then the predicted club position is taken into account.

4) You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, but if you put them too high you run the risk of your club having financial problems in the future, so I advise against going too high.

5) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:
£2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
£3,000,000 for a minor improvement to your traning facilities.
Stadium upgrades will not be considered in the first season, I will revisit this after the first season.

Transfers
1) To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that team and agree a value with them via PM. (You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below) Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer in the thread.

2) The number of players that you can sign is limited to the following:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Loans between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - 5 per season
Transfers from foreign clubs - Maximum of 2 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
Loans from foreign clubs - 2 per season
Free signings - 3 per season
Transfers of youth players* from foreign clubs - Maximum of 1 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
*A youth player is classified as a player aged 18 or under and valued at below £2,500,000*

3) The price of players is as follows:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Agreed between Chairmen
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - Double the players current value
Transfers from foreign clubs - 2.5 times the players current value
Transfers of youth players from foreign clubs - Double the players current value IF they have not represented their nation and have played less than 10 senior games for their club. Four times the players current value if they have represented their nation or have played more than 10 senior games.
If players are transfer listed or have a release clause, then they will be taken into account and the lowest amount will be used as the purchase price

4) If there is a player that you want to sign on a free transfer then you must PM me their name. Then at the end of the transfer window I will put them all in the thread and there will be a blind auction. By that I mean every Chairman can submit contracts to the players, these offers will be sent to me via PM. After the auction has finished the players will join the team that offers him the highest contract.

5) You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.

6) If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairman in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.

Wages

This is quite complicated, so please read it carefully.
The wages that players will be signed on will vary depending on the player you're signing and the club that you're at.
Predicted League Position of 1st to 6th:
Player aged 18 of less - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - 1.5 times current wage
Players from own nation - 1.5 times current wage

Predicted League Position of 7th to 14th

Players aged 18 or less - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - 1.25 times current wage
Players from own nation - 1.25 times current wage

Predicted League Position of 15th to 20th
Players aged 18 or less - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - Same as current wage
Players from own nation - Same as current wage

In my chairman game I will be changing the balances a little with kind of a raffle. I found with some of the teams chairmen wouldn't be able to make many transfers due to the balance of the club. Well usually when a new chairman comes in the bringing in more assets. So for the clubs with low balances that are unlikely to participate in the transfers as much as others I will be writing down all the names on slips of paper and picking them out of a hat. This will be how I will choose the new balances of clubs. There will only be gain. Even if it is small. For further information PM me.

Again all credit goes to bornesplorer88 for giving me the inspiration to do my own the template. Thank you Borne

I'll take PSG if I'm allowed :)

EDIT: P.S What update are you on?

Last edited:
I will be using LFC january transfer update.

Taken = Bold
Team and Chairman List

AC Ajaccio- Eaglemitsu - Mace Tyrell

Balance: £612,501
AS Nancy Lorraine -
Balance: £1,223,218
AS Saint-Etienne - Inquisition - Sam Ward
Balance: £1,731,870
ESTAC Troyes - T1LL13 - Scott Tillie
Balance: £5,349,671
Evian TG FC - Scruffyuk - KSI
Balance: £264,501
FC Lorient -
Balance: £1,040,001
FC Sochaux-Montbe -
Balance: £540,718
Girondins Bordeaux - Mickeyfarinaro09 - Mickey Farinaro
Balance: £3,057,066
Lille - GMoneyMayhem - George Perkins
Balance: £6,195,653
Montpellier HSC - awesomepoo - Fred Perkins
Balance: £1,830,001
OGC Nice - Eoin McG - Nicolas Sarkozy
Balance: £671,348
Olympique Lyonnais - NathWalker - Nathan Walker
Balance: £2,887,305
Olympique de Marseille - KaiRooney - Laurent Blanc
Balance: £6,328,525
Paris Saint-Germain - Stokiescott - Scott Lochrie
Balance: £74,589,021
SC Bastia -
Balance: £934,783
Stade Brestois 29 - The SteamTrain - Nathan O'Graggity.
Balance: £4,730,622
Stade de Reims -
Balance: £1,074,477
Stade Rennais FC - Kezza96 - Keiran Laing
Balance: £2,008,696
Toulouse FC - Riot Act - Guy Fawkes
Balance: £1,143,587
Valenciennes FC - TheRedMi5t - Daniel Weir
Balance: £1,487,848

Don't Forget about the raffle when looking through the balances :)

At first in this game I will ask you submit me a copy of your press-releases and such before posting it in the story thread. After a while of this and seeing how you all are with your posts. I WILL allow you to post without needing permission. Abuse this and there will be consequences. For the sake of other people playing this game please oblige to the rules.
Please submit me your desired club and chairman name Thank you

I am looking for people who are often online and can commit to the game. Obviously there will be exceptions. Thank you. PS if I sound stuck up sorry. I have to lay down the rules though.

Balances for clubs will be up soon. Once all spots are taken I will do the Raffle.

Last edited:
Paris Saint-Germain - Emilio Meneses

3 clubs already taken. 1 Confirmed is PSG. beat you guys to it by about a day :p. Borne also gets a choice. Sorry guyyysss... also got to get FMRTE. And i dibs me self OM sooo pssh mine boys. anyways ill update the list. If you guys are really upset about me taking OM I can change it. Should have posted it early but getting FMRTE right now is my pain in the ****.

seeing as no-one has yet asked for Lyon except from me, Is it okay if i still have them?

Oh, well then I won't join.
Good luck & I'll follow this thread! :)

Hey Inquisition can u put up the list of finances so as to allow us to pick the best from the remaining clubs...

i fancy this, hope can make time for it, maybe slightly inactive to start this week (moving house) but after friday can commit same as i have done in other games.

Can i take Lille pal

i fancy this, hope can make time for it, maybe slightly inactive to start this week (moving house) but after friday can commit same as i have done in other games.

Can i take Lille pal

For sure. Chairman name?

If you choose a lower team. You may have the chance of becoming the next PSG with the raffle ;)
Yeah I know, but I've been preparing for PSG haha.
Sorry mate & good luck. I might jump in if someone leaves or something later on!