KingCantona

Reaction score
Only in Feb of my 1st season as Man United...

Summer Transfers In:
  • Vertonghen - £23m, bit pricey but solid defender who gets a few goals.
  • Cuadrado - £30+m, again price a bit over inflated but is absolutely rapid!
  • Lucas Romero - £7m, great stats, young box to box player
  • Balanta - £4m - future CB
  • Odegaard - Another prospect for CM in future
Got rid of Anderson, Fletcher, Young, and some other deadweight players taking up the wage bill.

Did sign Victor Valdes on free in Jan as a backup keeper!

As the season has gone on, I feel like I still need to do a mass clearout, some players just not cutting it for me.

Players such as Fellaini, Evans, Valencia, Smalling, Lindegaard, Carrick, RVP and possibly Blind (If a great offer comes in for him) will be sold. Don't think I'lll keep the players that are currently out on loan with the exceptions of Zaha and Hernandez.

Will need another CB, and a combative CM

Had John Stones and Paul Pogba in mind, anyone else have any other suggestions?
Any other good and a little cheaper alternative to Pogba that would be great :)

Keep Blind, fantastic utility player and incredible in an injury crisis. If you want cash, PSG or Monaco usually come in with a £25m+ bid for Zaha after first season, and tbh he's not that special, sign Roberts for <£10m as a replacement if you really want.

Neves, Tielemans, Saul, Chabolah (if you can prise him from Chelsea) all decent young potential who would be cheaper than Pogba.

Gil Romero is an amazing CM or CDM - don't be fooled by his low star rating, look at his stats. Mattias Kranevviter is also a great young CDM. Both are very cheap (bought Gil for about GBP 7mil and had offers of over GBP 40mil for him after one season).

Bernard worth every penny if you want another AML or AML. Also look at Griezzman - his buyout is 25m and he is great.

Definitely sell Zaha - completely useless IMO. I tend to keep Evans as a backup as he doesn't complain too much and is homegrown.

To get the best value out of players you need to play them - if they sit on your bench for a season you will get much less for them.

Example is Smalling - sold him for GBP 30m to Chelsea after using him as rotation - he has played 0 league games in 2 years for them :)

I got GBP 33m for Blind from Real - if you can get something like that I suggest selling.

Pogba is very good (obviously) and a complete player who can play a defensive or attacking midfield role - but will set you back about GBP 60mil.

Players to scout are Ponce, Jovic and Depay. Depay can be bought for about GBP 15mil in first season - in my game City paid GBP 30mil+ in the second.

In my 3rd session I managed to buy Neymar for 70 mil as Maria has to seatback 4 months due to injury on training. Neymar, he just awesome!

Managed to finish my 1st season last night, won the Prem, FA & Capital One Cup! Was well happy considering I had lower objectives set by the board.

I do need a CB but the main priority is CM. Would most likely play BBM, looking at Strootman. He's expensive but his stats are immense.

Managed to finish my 1st season last night, won the Prem, FA & Capital One Cup! Was well happy considering I had lower objectives set by the board.

I do need a CB but the main priority is CM. Would most likely play BBM, looking at Strootman. He's expensive but his stats are immense.

Look at Saul from Atletico, costs maybe £20m max and can play anywhere from CB to AMC, and he's only 20 with great potential.

Go ALL OUT for Berardi. He's hands down the best player on FM15 whose name is not Ronie/Messi.

His pals at Sassuolo are also great and not that expensive (8m each incl instalments - tho 2nd season may be more expensive): Zaza and Sansone.

You also need English home grown players for CL: Redmond/Stones/Berahino/Clyne

Go ALL OUT for Berardi. He's hands down the best player on FM15 whose name is not Ronie/Messi.

His pals at Sassuolo are also great and not that expensive (8m each incl instalments - tho 2nd season may be more expensive): Zaza and Sansone.

You also need English home grown players for CL: Redmond/Stones/Berahino/Clyne

Is Berardi CM? Am definitely going for Stones

I just finished my 3rd season with United and after buying young players I had accumulated 100 mill plus budget so I spent 70 on pogba they did want 120 at start of 3rd season. Come January I negotiated 70 he is an absolute beast also so is James Wilson if you give him game time.

For those that are returning from loan, definitely keep Angelo Henriquez! I didnt take up falcao's option and let him go back to Monaco. Sold Chicharito and kept Wilson and Henriquez as the backup strikers to Rooney and RVP. In my second season both Rooney and RVP missed long periods of time because of injury but Wilson and Henriquez stepped up big time.

Wilson Finished the season with 18 goals and Henriquez got 20+ goals!!!
I also retrained Mata as a striker for worst case scenario

For those that are returning from loan, definitely keep Angelo Henriquez! I didnt take up falcao's option and let him go back to Monaco. Sold Chicharito and kept Wilson and Henriquez as the backup strikers to Rooney and RVP. In my second season both Rooney and RVP missed long periods of time because of injury but Wilson and Henriquez stepped up big time.

Wilson Finished the season with 18 goals and Henriquez got 20+ goals!!!
I also retrained Mata as a striker for worst case scenario

I'm in August now, I've signed Stones, Strootman and Reus (he still had £21m buyout clause) so far. Instead of signing Falcao permanently, I managed to get him on loan again for another season! He scored 36 goals for me in the first season and this season he started off with a hattrick against City in the community shield so buzzing about that!

I flogged Hernandez to Sampdoria, offered Henriquez a new contract which he accepted and then loaned him out to Hamburg to get more games as I still have Rooney, RVP, Falcao and Wilson as my strikeforce.

Ended up keeping Smalling and Blind to be used in rotation and for cup games.

Still have £21m left in the kitty so may delve into the market again...

I'm in August now, I've signed Stones, Strootman and Reus (he still had £21m buyout clause) so far. Instead of signing Falcao permanently, I managed to get him on loan again for another season! He scored 36 goals for me in the first season and this season he started off with a hattrick against City in the community shield so buzzing about that!

I flogged Hernandez to Sampdoria, offered Henriquez a new contract which he accepted and then loaned him out to Hamburg to get more games as I still have Rooney, RVP, Falcao and Wilson as my strikeforce.

Ended up keeping Smalling and Blind to be used in rotation and for cup games.

Still have £21m left in the kitty so may delve into the market again...
Yeah Blind is a great squad player to have around unless you get a ridiculous offer for him. Smalling and Blackett have been perfectly good back-ups for me when needed.

If you are looking for a cost effective back-up to Shaw for LB then I would highly recommend Fabio Daprela of Palermo. He is young-ish, pretty decent stats and only cost me £1.5m. In my second season he ended up outplaying Shaw.