Inserting custom kits on a MacBook Air

joewallis

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have created custom kits for my FM16 St. Albans team, and i am using a mac. However, i have followed the exact step by step instructions on how to import these kits but they simply do not show up and replace the default kits in game.

I currently have a kit pack installed for the premier league teams, but of course this does not affect my clubs kits.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks, Joe

is it a create-a-club game or have you made the in the pre game editor.

It is not a create a club, it is just a regular save that i started with St.Albans and got them promoted to the premier league.

do they have a kit assigned in the editor, ie a shirt to edit? sometimes if there is no default kit assigned it wont overwrite the new kit.

Can i check this by downloading the editor via steam, not the in game editor? Also, if there is no kit assigned, is there way to add one to make this possible or?

silly question but did your kit pack come with a separate folder named something like Macosx?

You can check in either. and if its not there add in either. (If you edit it in the In game make suer you tick 'use licensed kits' again afterwards :)

No, well if it did it is no longer in the folder, as i just checked.

ok well make sure you get a kit pack which can be used for Mac, they have different config files etc

Im a bit unsure as to what you mean. Currently there are two kits, a yellow home and blue away which is the same as the kits St. Albans use in real life, however i did not import them here myself

TW'15 kits definitely do so download one of those packs and see how you get on

sorry i didnt read the OP right. Find the unique ID for the club, save the kits to the premier league folder, will be easier, name the kit image what ever you want (normally use the unique id number) , open the config file add the lines to correspond to you team, the unique id and the name of the kit images

Last edited:
I have done this before and it hasn't been successful. Do you think it could be as St. Albans have no third kit assigned? Even though i have not created a third kit, only a home and away?

no, 3rd kit wont make a difference, as long as you have it all int he config file with the images in the same file then it will work.

Here you can see the kits i created in the folder, and the information in the config, yet still these 2 extra kits that i have created do not appear in gameView attachment 147774

617 is Brentford FC.

Check them,

EDIT : ST ALBARNS ARE 716,

Hi Joe,

I'm on an iMac, so I guess my set-up is fairly similar to yours. Here's a screenshot of the St. Albans (England, not Wales) page in my game:

View attachment 147775

As you can see, I have kits in place so I have the images and a working config file located in the correct position among my files - St. Albans being one of many non-league clubs that you can download from here, if you want:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/glbffbadtpztwk1/England - zzNon-League 13-14.zip?dl=0

These are the kits from season 2013-14; I'm more concerned with getting realistic looking images into my game - it's not so important to me whether they are bang up-to-date. But if you want to update the kits, you can use my files. Just make sure that the new images have exactly the same file name as the files they are replacing and save them over the existing images. There are threads on the Sortitoutsi.com site where you can download updated versions of the kits, if you want.
https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/packcat/2/218/ss1516-league-kits

3D Kits are a different kettle of fish. To my knowledge, nobody has created them for clubs so far down the pyramid as St. Albans, but I think you were referring to the SS style kits shown in my screenshot anyway, weren't you? Again, there is a thread on the Sortitoutsi.com site where you can request a custom 3D kit, but I didn't get much joy from it when I requested Melchester Rovers last year.

Here's the location to put this folder (as per my machine, anyway). Do this before you load up your game and the new images should be in place when your game loads up:

Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2016 > Graphics > Kits > SS_Kits Updated > SS_Domestic League Kits > (place the downloaded folder into here)

Please let me know when you've done this and I will remove the files from my Dropbox. Others can ask me to make them available again in future - there's just limited space there. I also have logos for every team in England, which you can download from here if you want:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ko8pr3jzjx27km/England.zip?dl=0

Scream if anything goes wrong.