Inserting custom kits on a MacBook Air

These are the kits from season 2013-14; I'm more concerned with getting realistic looking images into my game - it's not so important to me whether they are bang up-to-date.

Me too, just sorted all my kits out so its "one folder per country with one config". 1400 kits for England alone. Nightmare

I have done this before and it hasn't been successful. Do you think it could be as St. Albans have no third kit assigned? Even though i have not created a third kit, only a home and away?

If the game doesn't have a third kit assigned then it won't show up, whether it's in the config or not. If you want a third kit for a team that doesn't already have one, you need to use the FM Editor to create it before you start your new save. I update kit graphics from one FM edition to the next, so where there is a third kit image I keep it among the config files just in case a future edition does assign a third kit to them again. Annoys me though - all teams should have third kits, as standard!

Me too, just sorted all my kits out so its "one folder per country with one config". 1400 kits for England alone. Nightmare

View attachment 147772

I did something similar; all of the Premier and Football League clubs in one folder, then separate folders for what were the Skrill divisions then all non-league clubs into one folder - see attached. It will make them easier to update in future, because promotion and relegation means that teams switch folders from one year to the next so this avoids that problem. My Prem/Football League folder is up-to-date for 2015-16 with the working config, so let me know if you want me to make that available for download.

View attachment 1056078

I did something similar; all of the Premier and Football League clubs in one folder, then separate folders for what were the Skrill divisions then all non-league clubs into one folder - see attached. It will make them easier to update in future, because promotion and relegation means that teams switch folders from one year to the next so this avoids that problem. My Prem/Football League folder is up-to-date for 2015-16 with the working config, so let me know if you want me to make that available for download.

Yh i had the same idea, didnt want to lose the relegated teams year on year so the "**** this one folder from on" project started. :)

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the effort you have been through to help me. It works! :) Thanks again!!

Yh i had the same idea, didnt want to lose the relegated teams year on year so the "**** this one folder from on" project started. :)

Great minds think alike... or to put it another way, great minds have exactly the same ideas and then waste hours duplicating each other's work!

Before you embark on any other missions, drop me a note and see what I already have in place among my files. If I already have it, I'll give it to you; if I don't, then either you or I can go ahead and do it and then share it with the other. We can set up a thread where others can see what we're doing and join in with contributions and shouldering some of the workload themselves. Does that sound workable to you?

Great minds think alike... or to put it another way, great minds have exactly the same ideas and then waste hours duplicating each other's work!

Before you embark on any other missions, drop me a note and see what I already have in place among my files. If I already have it, I'll give it to you; if I don't, then either you or I can go ahead and do it and then share it with the other. We can set up a thread where others can see what we're doing and join in with contributions and shouldering some of the workload themselves. Does that sound workable to you?

Sure. There must be someway of pasting the 2 configs into excel and doing a formula search to see which numbers only appear once in your folders/config and once in mine, so we know what to swap..

must be doable, I'm only halfway through at the min, so i'll give you a shout when i have a starting point.

EDIT : Reminds me of the football sticker swapping.. got it, got it, need it, got it...

Sure. There must be someway of pasting the 2 configs into excel and doing a formula search to see which numbers only appear once in your folders/config and once in mine, so we know what to swap..

must be doable, I'm only halfway through at the min, so i'll give you a shout when i have a starting point.

EDIT : Reminds me of the football sticker swapping.. got it, got it, need it, got it...

View attachment 147771

I know how to de-dupe on Excel, I've done it for email marketing databases at work. And I have it on this machine. But I actually organise my configs alphabetically by team name because it's (usually) easier to update with the new kits - see attached.

Football sticker swapping was my life as a kid. I completed the World Cup 2010 book by swapping-by-mail, via Facebook!

Ah ok I use the config id as the pnd name as well. No worries I'll pm u my England one so u can what he missing I'd any tomorrow as a starter