Installing FM with a new steam user - what happens to my files?

RiotAct

Reaction score
Hello.
I hope someone can help me with my question - Google certainly were to no help :)

The situation is that I been playing FM on my friends steam account as his computer was dead. But unfortunately it has now been fixed :)

So my question is what happens to my files (tactics, save games, facepacks etc.) if I buy FM and install with a new steam user?
- Will they be deleted or can I keep on going as I was still playing on his account?

Btw., I know that I could copy everything - but it will take ages on my old HP :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello.
I hope someone can help me with my question - Google certainly were to no help :)

The situation is that I been playing FM on my friends steam account as his computer was dead. But unfortunately it has now been fixed :)

So my question is what happens to my files (tactics, save games, facepacks etc.) if I buy FM and install with a new steam user?
- Will they be deleted or can I keep on going as I was still playing on his account?

Btw., I know that I could copy everything - but it will take ages on my old HP :)

Cheers.

If they are on the cloud, then no! Those saves files are tied to his account (see note)
But if they're saved onto his hard drive, then you can just copy the files across onto your computer and play away.

note: if the save files are on the cloud. Open the save file from the cloud and save it to the local address.

Anything in your 'Sports Interactive' file is not tied to steam so they will be kept.

If they are on the cloud, then no! Those saves files are tied to his account (see note)
But if they're saved onto his hard drive, then you can just copy the files across onto your computer and play away.

note: if the save files are on the cloud. Open the save file from the cloud and save it to the local address.

Anything in your 'Sports Interactive' file is not tied to steam so they will be kept.

Great.
Luckily I didn't use the cloud!

Thanks a lot for answering, you spared me a lot of meaningless work :)