Instructions for a defence as a unit. What do you use?

aslaram

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I thought I'd create a different thread focusing solely on defensive units.

I am interested in knowing how you set your defenders up as a unit.
It would be great to look at defenses you guys have created that are like locked safes. If you have a defensive record your proud of, why not share your instructions on how you set your players up, and how many they conceded.

Here is an example (Note: This is not mine, I will add it later)

Flat Back Four - DL CB CB DR

D/R/L

Mentality +3, Creative Freedom +3, Passing Style +1, Closing Down +6, Tackling - Normal
Forward Runs - Often, Run With Ball - Often, Long Shots - Rare, Through Balls - Mix, Crossing - Often.

Tight Marking (Yes), Cross Ball From Byline, Cross Aim Target Man...

CB

Menatality -8, Creative Freedom -10, Passing +5, Closing Down -5, Tackling - Hard
Forwrd Runs - Rarely, Run With Ball - Rarely, Long Shots - Rarely, Through Balls - Rarely, Cross Ball - Rarely
Tight Marking (Yes), Marking (Man).......

Defensive Line +6 at home (this is important because it links in)
Defensive Line -4 away

There we go, should be something different. I will post my one within the next few days.

P.S. If you play one of your centre backs slightly different to the other one mark them as DC1 and DC2, Etc...

Hi guys,

I thought I'd create a different thread focusing solely on defensive units.

I am interested in knowing how you set your defenders up as a unit.
It would be great to look at defenses you guys have created that are like locked safes. If you have a defensive record your proud of, why not share your instructions on how you set your players up, and how many they conceded.

Here is an example (Note: This is not mine, I will add it later)

Flat Back Four - DL CB CB DR

D/R/L

Mentality +3, Creative Freedom +3, Passing Style +1, Closing Down +6, Tackling - Normal
Forward Runs - Often, Run With Ball - Often, Long Shots - Rare, Through Balls - Mix, Crossing - Often.

Tight Marking (Yes), Cross Ball From Byline, Cross Aim Target Man...

CB

Menatality -8, Creative Freedom -10, Passing +5, Closing Down -5, Tackling - Hard
Forwrd Runs - Rarely, Run With Ball - Rarely, Long Shots - Rarely, Through Balls - Rarely, Cross Ball - Rarely
Tight Marking (Yes), Marking (Man).......

Defensive Line +6 at home (this is important because it links in)
Defensive Line -4 away

There we go, should be something different. I will post my one within the next few days.

P.S. If you play one of your centre backs slightly different to the other one mark them as DC1 and DC2, Etc...

Hi there mate .. i think the the men settings is a bit off... +3 fullbacks and -10 men CB . very attacking fullbacks you have....,O) i will go for -2 fullbacks and -3 for one CB and - 5 for the other CB. when thats i said i will go for a lower CF. to much and they brake tactics formations structure

My Bognor have just shipped 12 goals in 3 games. I ain't going to be giving defensive tips anytime soon :D

nice one Zebede, i prefer attacking mentality aswell (6) btw nice to see you again mate (H)

nice one Zebede, i prefer attacking mentality aswell (6) btw nice to see you again mate (H)

I wouldn't mind but that was them trying to defend! ;)

Good to see you about - the forum has been up and down recently so hard to keep track of whose posting regularly at the moment :D