Inter Could Announce Rafael Benitez Arrival In 48 Hours

RSm

Reaction score
Inter have upscaled their efforts to land former Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez and an official deal could arrive within the next 48 hours, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Reccomendations from Milan have seen Benitez top the Nerazzurri's wish list to replace Jose Mourinho, and Massimo Moratti is ready to open his books and pioneer the move.

Benitez is currently on holiday in a luxury resort in Sardegna, and Moratti is expected to go and meet the Spaniard for face-to-face negotiations.

The Italians are not prepared to advocate a speedy move, but successful talks could see a deal fall into place within two days.

Meanwhile, Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has said the move would benefit both Inter and the coach, claiming Benitez is the right man to take the job.

"Only someone like Benitez could take the place of a coach like Mourinho," he said.

"He is a great coach and is a winner. He will find himself well in Italy because of the tactical game. Rafa studies everything. Inter have made a good choice."

And new horizons have been opened for the Argentine midfielder himself, who hinted he could join the coach at the San Siro.

"Me with him? I don't know about my future, but I spent great years with Benitez. My football is his football."

Source:Goal.com