mhiggins

Reaction score
Have this Inter save going now, currently just finished Season 5. Have won the Serie A each season but thats all. I want to progress my form into Europe but the furthest I've been is the 1/4's. My squad is :-

Gk's:- Cesar, Areola.
Def's:- Santon, Azpilcueta, Bale, Araiuldo, Belluschi, Adamo, + 2 average regens.
Mid's:- Gourcuff, Sniejder, Di Maria, Cambiasso, De Rossi, Poli, Coutinho, + 2 average regens.
Fwd's:- Balotelli, Lukaku, Sanogo.

I need a hand in conquering Europe.

I play a flat 4-4-2. Any recommendations on Formation or Starting XI will be greatly valued.

Seems you're a little short on strikers, with two starters and one backup. Maybe try a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and play Balotelli on the right wing? It would also help with ball retention.

I've got to the 7th season with Inter and my squad looked like this:

Keepers: Cesar, regen, regen.

Defenders: Santon, Ferdinand, regen, regen, regen,

Midfielders: Sandro, Schweinsteiger, Silva, Robben, El Shawaary, Fraile (regen?), regen, Mascherano, Coutinho, Sniejder.

Strikers: Eto'o, Lukaku, Aguero, Balotelli.

For you, I recommend a 4-2-3-1.

GK: Cesar
RB: Santon
CB:
CB:
LB: Bale
CM: De Rossi
CM: Cambiasso/Gourcuff
CAM: Sneijder/Gourcuff/Coutinho
LAM: Di Maria
RAM: Gourcuff/Sneijder, I suppose.
ST: Whoever your best is.

I don't know your defenders very well.

I recommend getting a very good winger and a strong centre back with whatever money you've got. :)

The suggestion about 4231 is a good one, and I'll second (third?) it for sure, but it looks like you may need one or two more attacking midfielders for that. I'm sure as Inter you have a nice budget to pick up a good right winger, I would suggest somebody who is quick (Gourcuff is not really super quick)

However I think my preference for Europe here would probably be a 4-5-1, or swap between the two. I feel 4-5-1 is a bit better against stronger attacking teams than 4231 is, but 4231 is better against cautious/defensive teams (when you are predicted to win but may still have trouble breaking them down). That may just be all in the way I had set those tactics up in my games, of course. There is also 4-1-2-1-2, and it looks like your players will fit in OK for the most part, and that's always an extremely strong formation.

I also don't know your defenders, I could not find them in my save? Unfortunately, good centre backs seem to be ridiculously expensive by the time you get to 2015, or so it seems. Otherwise, your players look quite good. Do they have enough backup so they don't get exhausted/jaded before the later rounds of the CL? Also, if you posted more specifics about anything else that you feel might be holding you back from Champion's League title, I'm sure people will be able to give more advice.