Inter Milan - This story was meant to be!

LovanoFM

Reaction score
First of all, sorry for the cheesy title but I was just playing FM today and I started up a save with Inter Milan. I played through the season all day and I am really enjoying the save so I thought I might aswell make a story on it.

I also want to apologise for the stories I have made so far as I can't seem to stick in one save. This is because when I won everything with Spurs and it was corrupted the day after I won the CL I haven't been able to get myself hooked on any team. So now lets go over my first season in charge.

View attachment 374501

I chose Inter Milan because they have a side that has fallen off the top over the past few years due to losing alot of amazing players.

---Transfers---

View attachment 374502

Alot of players I signed are co owned which isn't ideal but if they perform well I will look to sign them on a club contract. The pick of the bunch is Torje from Udinese.

View attachment 374503
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia Run

1st Round: Inter 2 - 0 Chievo
Icardi, Longo

Decent result against Chievo saw us advance into the Quarter finals.

Quarter Finals: Inter 0 -1 Napoli

Poor result here and Napoli came away with the 1-0 victory which mean't we were knocked out of the cup.

Serie A Run

Napoli 0 - 2 Inter
Palacio(2)

A very good result against Napoli considering we was away. Palacio took advantage of this pace and put two past the Napoli keeper.

Inter 2 - 0 Juventus
Kovacic, Alvarez

Important victory against Juventus who were big contenders for this seasons title.

Lazio 1 - 3 Inter
Belfodil(2), Schelotto

A good away win against a very tough home side in Lazio. These guys are like the Stoke of the BPL always very tough to play against away for home.

So this was just a little round up of the seasons best results against the big teams. Now lets see if some of these results played a big part in our Serie A campaign.

League Table
View attachment 374505

The Serie A is back where it belongs. A big improvement on last season when Walter Mazzarri and his side placed 6th. This means we will be playing in the Champions League next season alongside Juventus and AC Milan. Sampdoria and Fiorentina earned themselves Europa League spots.

Handanovic, Jesus and Milito were named in the Serie A team of the year.

Next season's update will be every 1-2 months so I hope you enjoyed this post and the next update will be later on tonight!

View attachment 374506

is this the FM Classic mode? Anyway, looking forward to see your story.

Has anyone done 1 story in FM Classic?

Yeah there are 1000+ stories :D
Oh and check out my san giovanni story :)

View attachment 374570

I was given a transfer budget of 16.5 million so I needed to reshape the team to suit the formation I was going to play so here are the transfers in and out.

---Transfers In---

Fabio - 8M
View attachment 374592

Zouma - 18.5M
View attachment 374591

Mandanda - 11.5M
View attachment 374590

Nani - Loan
View attachment 374587
Janmaat - 8M
View attachment 374586

Gabbiadini - 10m (Sampdoria&Juve)
View attachment 374585

Chalobah - 12M
View attachment 374584

Overall Spent: 72M

Overall Sold: 49.5M

View attachment 374593

I am very happy with our signings and I think that with this team we can retain the league title and push on to cause some upsets in the Champions League. Most of the players I signed have CL experience which is always a nice thing to have in players.

Wow Southampton overpaying for Silvestre or am i wrong?

---August&October---

SuperCoppa final: Juventus 3 - 0 Inter

A disheartening result against a much better side. Llorente scored a hat trick and he played out of skin in this game.

SA: Inter 1-1 Napoli
Janmaat

New signing Janmaat got off the mark by scoring a very late goal after Napoli went 1-0 up.

SA: Roma 0 -2 Inter
Zouma(2)

Strong performance against Roma however it took two corners to give us a 2-0 win here. Zouma getting on both of them.

SA: Inter 3 - 0 Genoa
Belfodil(2), Ranocchia

Youngster Befodil was the star of the show netting two whilst captain Ranocchia headed home to add another.

SA: Novara 0 - 2 Inter
Kovacic, Zouma

This win meant that we still haven't lost an away game in the league.

SA: Juventus 1 - 0 Inter

I officially hate Juve, I just can't beat them.

SA: Inter 2 - 1 Atalanta
Nani, Longo

A rusty performance against Atalanta but we pulled through in the end to get the 3 points.

View attachment 374675

---Champions League---

Our group was made up of:

Inter Milan
Man City
Real Sociedad
Spartak Moscow

CL: Inter Milan 2 - 1 Sociedad
Torje, Kovacic

A solid performance against a very strong Sociedad side which meant we got off to a winning start.

---Key players---

View attachment 374672View attachment 374673

These two guys have been rocks at the back and have been key to my early success in this second season.

Last edited: