Inter Team Guide

mikeyyy88

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post on here so hope this is useful. I realise there is another Inter guide on here but felt like I needed to get it out of my system! Hope it's worth reading.

logo_420.png

F.C. Internazionale Team Guide

THE CLUB

Founded in 1908, F.C. Internazionale are a professional Italian club currently playing in the Serie A. The club play their home games at Giuseppe Meazza and possess top training facilities and an excellent youth setup. The club is affectionately known as the Nerazurri and retains a fierce rivalry with Juventus and A.C. Milan.

SQUAD

Goalkeepers

Júlio César - GK, Brazilian, 29 years old

Fantastic keeper, and at 29 has a good few years left in him. First choice.

Francesco Toldo - GK, Italian, 37 years old

Decent backup, at 37 won't trouble you for not playing him. Second choice.

Defenders

Marco Materazzi - SW, D C, Italian, 35

Club legend, but is now getting on. Decent back-up with sound heading, marking and tackling attributes and good mental stats.

Walter Samuel - SW, D C, Argentinian, 31

Solid centre-half, with good defensive, physical and mental stats. Should be starting.

Ivan Cordoba - D RC, Columbian, 32

Another good defender, with good pace and acceleration, and decent defensive and mental stats. Excellent squad member.

Javier Zanetti - D RL, WB R, M C, Argentinian, 35

Club captain and stalwart defender. At 35 is not going to be a mainstay in your side but is worth keeping, if only for sentiment.

Cristian Chivu - D LC, WB L, Romanian, 28

Versatile defender with a good set of attributes, should be played at left back ahead of Zanetti. Worth hanging onto as Real Madrid and the like will soon put a few cheeky bids in.

Lúcio - D C, Brazilian, 31

First-choice defender, should be playing alongside Samuel. Ridiculous physical stats for a 31 year old, with bags of pace and good tackling ability.

Maicon - D/WB R, Brazilian, 27

Arguably the best right-back on the game. Should play on the right side of your defence. Solid at the back, imperious going forward.

Davide Santon - D/WB RL, Italian, 19

More than adequate cover for Maicon. Santon is one for the future and should be kept as he will become your first-choice full back. Excellent prospects with decent stats for his age, always does a job when Maicon doesn't play.

Midfielders

Esteban Cambiasso - DM, M C, Argentinian, 28

Aside from having one of the coolest names in football, Cambiasso is a fantastic midfielder, and should easily be making your starting 11. With unmatched mental attributes and good marking, tackling and passing stats, he is the ideal holding midfielder.

Thiago Motta - DM, M C, Brazilian, 26

Cambiasso's partner in crime when you feel like a little 'anti-football.' Motta is another decent holding midfielder and anchors the midfielders while allowing the more creative players the space and freedom they need.

Sulley Muntari - DM, M C, Ghanaian, 24

Another holding midfielder, Muntari is a solid player who should be competing with Motta for a place alongside Cambiasso.

Patrick Vieira - DM, M C, French, 34

Yet another defensive midfielder, Vieira has decent stats but should not be a part of your squad, with the likes of Muntari occupying the midfield berth. Transfer listed at the start of the game and rightly so. Back-up if injuries ravage your squad.

Dejan Stankovic - DM, AM RLC, Serbian, 30

Stankovic is a wonderfully versatile player, and can impact in matches whether starting on the pitch or on the bench. A fantastic sqaud player with good all-round stats, Stankovic has a knack for popping up with the odd goal or two.

Mancini - AM RL, Brazilian, 28

Winger who gives you a different tactical option in midfield. Aside from decent pace and acceleration, Mancini is an unremarkable player who can easily be replaced. Squad player.

Ricardo Quaresma - AM RL, Portuguese, 25

Another winger slightly below par, Quaresma gives you another option should you choose to play wide. Slightly better than Mancini, but should not be a key player in your team.

Wesley Sneijder - AM RLC, Dutch, 25

Sneijder is your playmaker. Your attacks should go through him, with good techincal attributes resulting in an attacking midfielder. Should be played in an advanced role. First team.

Forwards

Mario Balotelli - AM RL, ST, Italian, 18

Balotelli is another player for the future. Great stats for someone so young, Balotelli will feature prominently despite his age, whether up front or on the wing. A versatile forward, he is a good option for you up front.

Samuel Eto'o - ST, Cameroonian, 28

Eto'o is your first choice striker. Strong, quick and with good finishing, Eto'o should be bagging you 20-30 goals.

Diego Milito - ST, Argentinian, 30

Should be played alongside Eto'o, Milito is another fine striker with decent all-round stats and excellent attributes for finishing, technique and composure. Your team's goal-poacher.

TACTICS

Inter have a number of players who can play in a variety of positions. The defence is very solid and the versatility of certain players means that you should have enough cover should injuries hit. Generally speaking you should be looking to play either a narrow formation, utilising your numerous central midfielders, or playing a wide formationg with one man up top.

The narrow formation should be some variation on the 4-4-2, with either a flat midfield four, a diamond formation or a narrow 4-1-2-1-2. The latter of these should look something like this:

Julio Cesar

Maicon Samuel Lucio Chivu

Cambiasso

Motta Muntari

Sneijder

Milito Eto'o

The players you choose to play in this formation depend on the opposition and what type of game you want to play. For example you may consider bringing in Stankovic for Motta or Muntari to provide a little more attacking presence. In this narrow formation you should allow Maicon and Chivu to get forward and support the attacking players when your team is in possession.

The wider option should be some variation of the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, with two wingers or inside forwards supporting the lone striker or target man. Generally you can play with an anchorman in midfield or an advanced playmaker in the hole, with two central midfielders above or below. Here's what one version may look like:

Julio Cesar

Maicon Samuel Lucio Chivu

Cambiasso

Motta Muntari

Balotelli Quaresma

Eto'o

In this formation the trio of Cambiasso, Motta and Muntari will be holding the midfield and looking to get the ball to the wide players. Balotelli, as a more attacking player than Quaresma, should play as an inside forward rather than a traditional winger. Alternatively you could play Mancini instead of Balotelli and plump for two out-and-out wingers. Also, you can bring in Sneijder or Stankovic and play them just behind Eto'o, taking out the holding midfielder role of Cambiasso. This is a more attacking variation of the above formation. Of course, there is always a straightforward 4-3-3 with Cambiasso, Motta and Muntari in midfield with a front 3 of Balotellit, Eto'o and Milito.

The versatility of the team in adapting to different formations means it is quite easy for you to leave your mark on the team - that is, any players you bring in should not have a detrimental effect on the team's tactics. Also, the versatility of the team should allow you to shape your own tactics should you choose, however the above two formations are the best tactics to use with the current squad.

TRANSFERS

Inter have a very strong squad to start with, and you should be able to challenge on all fronts with the current team. As I said, any players you do decide to bring in should fit in quite happily with the rest of the squad. The squad is an aging one though, particularly the defence has a number of players over 30, so you may consider bringing in a bit of youth, with one eye on the future. If you prefer playing 2 or even 3 up front you may find that the team are a little short in that area, with only 3 senior strikers in the squad, so you may want to invest in that area should injuries cut down your options. You could do worse than Edin Dzeko at £15 million or so.

Last edited:
a bit out of date, ex.Vieira is at Man City now, but other wise I guess this is decently done

goran pandev also pwns, but hey ho, not a bad first go mate

yeh apologies for that, i'm using the original database. thanks though!

Good guide pal! Looking for further updates to the guide (H)

Yeah with Pandev added the strikers are pretty strong :)
Well done mate

back 5 are the best in game for 2 years i think after that thay are looking old
Sneijder is my vote for best AM plays well anywere in CM becosue of his passing
one of the best teams to play i found
nice job on the right up m8y

i dont know if i should start one with tottenham or with INTERNAZIONALE, can anybody help me?

I would say Inter since you're in this thread and i don't see much of an Inter story if you would like to start one (H)