Interact with Board regarding Transfer?

zeeek75

Reaction score
Alright, so I am managing Swansea, starting my second season now and I qualified for the CL as promised. My club's finance is okay and not in negative numbers.Let's get to the point:
Sometimes when I go to the "Make an Offer", there is a button on the right side saying "Interact with Board". Then there are like two options saying "Buying this player would help me achieve my goals" and the other one. I am sure you all know this. Okay. Now I have tried a dozen times, the board rejects my offer everytime I interact with the board. The button disappears after 4-5 interactions and comes again randomly.
Can anyone tell me how does this work and why they keep rejecting my request? I have tried high-profile players, wonderkids, regens, and even Welsh players (because Swansea is a welsh club). They even rejected an offer of regen player that was worth like 1M even though I had like 19M transfer budget.

Please help me more on this.
Thanks.

Last edited:
You use it when you find a high-profile player who is probably too expensive for your current budget, it's good if your board are being stingy with money and you reckon you've got enough in the bank to buy the player without the risk of going in the red.

If you convince your board to do so they will take control of transfer and contract negotiations and can end up spending quite a lot of money, so only use this option on a player you think will make a significant difference to your team.

I used it when I first got Wycombe into the prem, during the January market we still didn't have much of a budget but had amassed a fair deal in the bank, so I used it to sign a class Brazilian regen who instantly was our best player.

The most important thing you need to do is forget your board to buy you your targets.Even if they once in a million try actually agree to sign the player theh will over pay his fees and wages by double.

If you want to buy someone than better do it yourself.And dont get DOF for the same.Always have realistic targets.You cant buy high profile targets with swansea in sexond season.Look for transfer listed players and go for loans till you reach the top of the premier league.Any other help will gladly reply

The most important thing you need to do is forget your board to buy you your targets.Even if they once in a million try actually agree to sign the player theh will over pay his fees and wages by double.

If you want to buy someone than better do it yourself.And dont get DOF for the same.Always have realistic targets.You cant buy high profile targets with swansea in sexond season.Look for transfer listed players and go for loans till you reach the top of the premier league.Any other help will gladly reply

A DoF with the right attributes can sometimes get a good deal both for transfer fee and contracts for new signings. Also for the OP a DoF with a high reputation could potential sign higher profile targets than he could at that point.