Interest in a Chairman Game???

Where would you like the chairman game based?

• Premier League

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Championship

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Serie A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bundesliga

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

bcfc1

Reaction score
I received a message asking about whether I would be running a chairman game this year as I ran one last year. I don't normally run a chairman game until the summer as this is when people have begun to lost interest int their own saves and are looking for something different but, as many of us will be spending most of our days indoors, I'm sure we are all spending a lot more time on Football Manager and a chairman game may be something people are interested in.

If you are interested in a chairman game then can you post on here just to let me know and if there are enough people interested then I am happy to run a new chairman game. If you are not sure what a chairman game is then I have I have posted a link to the one I ran last year.

I'm thinking of keeping it simple this year and just having a chairman game based in the Premier League but if anyone has any ideas about how it should be run then feel free to post about it and I will take it on board.

Of course, i'm more than interested. Later, if more people are interested we can speak about rules

I am definitely interested. Would prefer championship against as I quite enjoyed that last year but if premier league then so be it.

There seems to be good interest in a chairman game already which is good. I have added a poll to this to see where people would want the game based. I will give a quick positive and negative point to each one.

1. Premier League - My personal preference as all clubs in the league have enough money to keep the game interesting. May be boring to some as so many games are based around the Premier League.

2. Championship - Was mentioned in the thread as a possibility. Teams are very even. It can get messy when dealing with promotion/relegation and if new people join the game but we can cross that bridge if people want this one and lack of money could be an issue.

3. Serie A - A lot of very even teams can make this league really good to play in. A lack of funds could become an issue if the game runs long term.

4. Bundesliga - Competitive league and some of the best funds outside of the Premier League. Not a popular league for some reason so may lack long term interest.

I've never done it before but its definitely something I'd be interested i having a go at

I will get a post up to start this game tonight. At the moment I am finishing playing my own Birmingham save and then I need to refresh myself on the rules of a Chairman game before I start running it.

I would be very interested in one of these. Played a few when I was around on the site a few years ago and loved them :D

I can see where this is going. If premier league, will the teams be randomly allocated to people or first come first served?

I would be very interested in one of these. Played a few when I was around on the site a few years ago and loved them :D

I can see where this is going. If premier league, will the teams be randomly allocated to people or first come first served?

Teams are first come first served.

The game has now started on a different thread.

Feel free to post on here and let me know what you want to take over.