Interface Rendering Mode - GPU or Software?

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 11K

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hello,

So, I've been told different stuff from different people regarding this, so I thought I'd ask in here and see if I can get more opinions.

Interface Rendering Mode: From what I can make out, GPU runs the game from your Graphics Card and Software runs the game from your RAM?

If that is correct, my GPU is: Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3630QM (2.40GHz) 6MB

RAM: 8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 8GB)

So which should I run the game on? I'm currently only in the first season, so I assume it won't make 'much' difference, however I know after a while games can slow down, will running it in either GPU or Software help prevent this?

Any info anyone has on this would be very helpful.

Cheers!

Yeah, I guessed Software would be better for laptops that aren't as good, but considering I have both a decent amount of RAM and a good processor, I'm not sure which will be better after 4/5 seasons.

The i7 processor you have is your CPU not GPU, the GPU is the graphics card which you haven't stated in your original post. I'm assuming because it's a laptop the GPU won't be particularly good so I'd probably stick with software mode. You could always just play for a bit on either mode and see if you notice any difference.

The i7 processor you have is your CPU not GPU, the GPU is the graphics card which you haven't stated in your original post. I'm assuming because it's a laptop the GPU won't be particularly good so I'd probably stick with software mode. You could always just play for a bit on either mode and see if you notice any difference.

Nvidia GeForce GT 645M - 1GB.

hmmm thats not bad for a laptop... it isn't amazing (when compared to desktop gpus) but it isn't all that bad either, so in your case there is no definitive answer, the best thing you can do is just try out both modes and see which is fastest for yourself, I doubt it will make much difference either way.

Back