International and club management

nunatak

Reaction score
I am newcastle and in 2016 was also made England manager. As there is a major shortage of players to select for the england squad the plan is to buy all the good youngsters for my newcastle squad and try and breed a new generation of england players with (this is the dream) the hope of getting an entire squad of english players capable of winning trophies for club and country. Has anyone else done this? I will post any successes I have.

Why is there a shortage of players to select in 2016? oO)

the national team pool consists of all players used by previous manager. it will NOT include every englishman on the game available for selection. the best way to select your squad go to player search/select only players available and include own players. you should see alot more players for selection. I was England manager from 2012 to the world cup in 2022 and i won all world cups/euro championships and confederations cups and still majority of squad was original players.

Rooney, baines etc are still available but obviously gerrard, lampard etc are long gone. I have a good choice of centre backs (dann, spence, cahill shawcross), very limited at right back and almost nothing apart from aging players to partner rooney or play on the wing. Please note, i am not just looking at the national pool here i am looking at ALL players eligible for england.

Got the same problem in my save in 2020 in Germany. Some positions like goalkeeper or right/left fullbacks completely ran out of useful players. It's mainly because every team in the german 1st tier has about a maximum of 1 or 2 german players left. When they need new players, they never seem to promote youngsters but buy african / south american players instead. This is a little extreme and unrealistic, but I'm also trying to transform my team into something like a germany U20 in order to develop some more youngsters...

theequinox, let me know how u get on with that, i have just bought all useful looking u20 english players and sold as many foreigners as i can from my newcastle side without making myself completely uncompetitive! hope this works.

Rooney, baines etc are still available but obviously gerrard, lampard etc are long gone. I have a good choice of centre backs (dann, spence, cahill shawcross), very limited at right back and almost nothing apart from aging players to partner rooney or play on the wing. Please note, i am not just looking at the national pool here i am looking at ALL players eligible for england.

Right Back - Micah Richards, Kyle Walker?

theequinox, let me know how u get on with that, i have just bought all useful looking u20 english players and sold as many foreigners as i can from my newcastle side without making myself completely uncompetitive! hope this works.

So far, I'm 8 matches into the new season and currently on 6th position (won the championship last season). According to my team this isn't really bad, so I would say things are going quite well so far.

My team looks like this now :

-------------------------------Bussmann (GER, 28 y.o)
Otto (GER, 21 y.o.) -- Tasci (GER, 32 y.o.) -- Hanke (GER, 18 y.o.) -- Kopplin (GER, 30 y.o.)
--------------------------------- Bender (GER, 30 y.o.)
Oliseh (Liberia, 29 y.o.) ----------------------------------------------- Ehm (GER, 18 y.o.)
----------------------------------Sam (GER, 19 y.o.)
---------------------- Kurbjuweit (GER, 17 y.o.) ----- Pfeifer (GER, 23 y.o.)

And for each position I've got a 20 or younger german sub

@ nunatak, i don't know what they are like on your game but players like wickham, walker, bertrand, jones, huddlestone and a few others including ebanks blake seem to be doing a decent job for me in roughly 2013/ 2014 can't rememeber when exactly.

I'm man city/England in 2024 and I'm trying to do the same hoping to get a whole team of English men soon, planing on buying some good German youth in too and convincing them to play for England as they wont get called up for Germany

Sammyt - I have wickham for my newcastle side and england, he is good but not world class. I did have Jones and Huddlestone (both quality) in my newcastle side but had to sell both as the rest of the squad disliked them for some reason, I still pick them for england, especially Jones. bertrand and walker both get used in my england side but arent really of a very high standard. The aim of producing more english players is to get world class players to fill the ranks at club and national level!

easy solution.. dont mess around with the editor before starting the game, sign german prospects and watch them take english citizenship. as the german national team is stupidly disabled in the game they wont get called up and they will want to play for england. done that countless times. was the same with dutch kids a few versions back

easy solution.. dont mess around with the editor before starting the game, sign german prospects and watch them take english citizenship. as the german national team is stupidly disabled in the game they wont get called up and they will want to play for england. done that countless times. was the same with dutch kids a few versions back

Good idea,i'll try that with an italian team :p