Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm playing as Leeds in my first season and in the international breaks hardly any of my squad get call ups, a few U21s & some of my African players.

I'm just wondering if people ever use these breaks for anything worthwhile?

At the minute I just play a friendly against a Premiership team with a squad of players lacking fitness combined with my youth prospects to get them some experience against better players than Championship level.

My other idea would be to crank the training intensity up to high for those 2 weeks and see if that leads to quicker improvements. But just looking for opinions if anyone has tried this before and seen any results or is it just a waste?

I haven't tried the raising of training level; but I usually make a friendly if I have more than a few players lacking fitness. It does help to have a full squad with match fitness when the next competitive match comes. You just need to make sure you don't make it so late they arrive tired or so early they lose the fitness. In the longest breaks and if you have more issues with match fitness you can make two friendlies.

I always make friendlies with the highest fee, just to earn a bit more money and for my youngsters to play against these opponents. I do crank training intensity to high too. Whether it has an effect, I didn't test...