International Management - How to make the nation better?

craig9045

Reaction score
Hey guys

Im my save im about 4 seasons in with Swansea, everythings going to plan (sort of) with the Swans but just got a few questions about the international side of the game.

Ive been the manager of Wales for about 3 months now, and doing ok (2nd in Euro qualifying group). But i was wondering...

Ive got a few young regen players in my first team for Wales (youth players for the big english clubs) and they are doing ok, my question is.... Is there a way of improving the footballers that a country produces over time?

I want wales to be competeing in say 10 or 20 years, what advice would you give to make this happen?

Thanks in advance, new to the forum but long time FM player

Craig

Well kandersson is probably the best guy to ask as he is doing a story about improving the San Marino national team whilst controlling the club team as well and is doing a very good job (i think he qualified for euro 2020 which is a massive achievement)

From reading his story and my experiences managing national teams, improving the youth facilities of teams based in wales would be your main priority as they will churn out mostly welsh youngsters. Also (if you can afford it) buy in welsh youngsters just to train them at your youth facilities at swansea even if they aren't good enough for the 1st team as they will benefit from the higher quality facilities and first team football once you send them on loan.

Also look for duel nationality youngsters with decent potential and try and tie them down to wales by capping them in the senior team before they get called up by their other nation.

Thats just my limited knowledge, but I'd advise you to look at kandersson's san marino story and his thread in the challenges section.

hope this helps