nutter453

Reaction score
Just started a career with Italy and found a few of the new (New to me anyway) features. Particually like the bit where you can chat to a player in the squad who gets injured and they're asking whether they are going to get straight back in to the side. I'd like to be able to go to more than one match per day (Assuming they don't overlap) to keep an eye on more players and how they're performing but hey, what can you do.

Anyone else having a crack at international management? How well do teams adapt to formations/tactic etc given the short space of time which you have with them to work on these things?

I had found this version of FM particularly difficult to get 'in' to with a prolonged save having lost my only decent one with Gladbach with teams seemingly taking an age to get used to tactics and suprise result followed my random loss. However, like you I took on the role of International Management, and found it particularly rewarding. Am in February 2015 now and have had two jobs whilst trying to build my manager's rep up etc. Started with Belgium and got them to the 2nd Round of the WC before being destroyed 7 - 2 by Germany, which I was a little disappointed with but it was beyond targets. Anyway, I chose to quit and take on Cameroon straight after the WC with the object of winning the ACoN just 7 months later, and lo and behold having beaten Ivory Coast en route we managed it! Got to love the beast that is Nicholas Nkolou.

Anyway, I have found the whole thing thoroughly rewarding - particularly the interaction with players etc, whilst the Media coverage and debates over which players to be included seems far more intelligent in this version. I've found that if you generally stick to an overrarching formation/methodology over a time they will learn this quite effectively (having stuck to one formation with Belgium they had full knowledge of the tactic by the WC) and then you can tinker with player roles/specific instructions depending on the opposition or the player you have chosen. I've also found that playing friendlies away from home has 'strengthened' my form considerably as I get a truer understanding of the form/our posistion relative to others rather than with home advantage - though that could just be my over active brain!

Also, if you end up getting bored and want a club job alongside it, don't expect it to be easy - I haven't been able to get one until just after this ACoN success taking over a Newcastle side still holding Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse languashing in 17th place!