International Manager

Piemaster

Reaction score
When you get appointed manager of a country, do you get to keep your club manager job? I remember way back in a previous incarnation of CM/FM you did, but I have missed a number of incarnations and I have no idea now.

Yeah, you keep your "day job" as it were.
You simply get an extra option in your menu for the international squad, everything else remains the same.

BTW, go Niners, I miss going to their matches....

How many people play with an International team? I always do, as it is fun and rewarding to win the World Cup with Argentina, or England. Plus your points tally on the Hall of Fame gets a major boost.

How many people play with an International team? I always do, as it is fun and rewarding to win the World Cup with Argentina, or England. Plus your points tally on the Hall of Fame gets a major boost.

Sometimes I take over smaller international teams if their manager get's sacked, purely to take them to the World Cup or whatever. Like in my last game, Ivory Coast qualified for the World Cup but were knocked out of the African cup of nations in the group stages so I took over for the World Cup then resigned. But usually I just stick to one team at a time

I play with club and country simultaneously so I can never get bored!

how do you get a job as a national side manager??
Do you have to select it at the start where you have select your club(i don't remember seeing any option that says manage both club and country)

I always do both at same time, it ups my reputation and expands my scouting knowledge and I make more friends. I always seem to get Ivory Coast though. I usually play as lower league teams so managing national sides helps a lot.

And you can either get a national job from the start when you select a job, or while you are playing the game if someone gets fired. Usually you will get an email saying County X is looking for a new manager, you click on the country and apply for the job.

how do you get a job as a national side manager??
Do you have to select it at the start where you have select your club(i don't remember seeing any option that says manage both club and country)

either start as a national team, or apply for vacant positions in your club game.

There will usually be messages that "Nation X has sacked Manager Y after a poor run in Competition Z" in your inbox.
I do like the boost you get to your rep for managing a National Team, but at times I find it hard to get into when I don't know the players - in my current save I am managing Egypt on the side, and I have no clue about my players abilities, so mostly it's all my assistant doing the work and me getting the rewards, good or bad.