International Motivation???? Team Talks??

jiggyjimmy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has any tips on motivating national sides. I am managing France in 2018, very good side, have rose to 1st in rankings. but i can not get great responses from team talks. Ive been there a while and it is showing no signs of improving. I got to a WC final, beaten by a weak Mexico side, and beaten by an average Portugal side in the Euro QF. But this is not just a problem against weaker sides. I have the same problem in general
Any help would be appreciated.

Because they are at the top, you can't be nice to them, you have to try and drive them forward. If they are dominating, but losing/drawing at HT assertively say "Where's the passion" / "I want to see a lot better in the second half" etc

Before the match, I usually try and calm them down by saying "Go out and relax and the result will come" but this can fail sometimes and then at HT some get confused when I'm annoyed they are not playing at 100%. But I think the pros outweigh the cons here.

Hope this helps.

If your playing weaker sides, say Passionately - I expect a win and then:
Strikers: Passionately - I have faith in you.
Midfielders: "
Defenders: Assertively - I have faith in you.

Also, be consistant. It may take the players a while to get used to your teamtalks and if you chop and change, you won't get anywhere.