Reaction score
So this is a little experiment that I'd thought I'd run. I moved players around to create a team built purely on one thing: speed. Pure, unbridled speed.

And so, after some quick snooping through the database, and refering to Youtube/articles, I have tried to craft the team that can move from A to B in a shorter frame of time than any other. However, it should be noted I didn't just pick players with 20 pace all across the board. I also factored in player ability to avoid making a team that gets around quickest, but only without the ball.

And so, let's meet the squad:

View attachment 251312

(Walcott ran so fast he showed up twice on camera).

There are more than a few names there that need no explaining (Bale, Robben, Aubameyang etc.). Other's, maybe less so.

I chose Lloris and De Gea as keeper due to a combination of their 14 pace, and high reflexes. Lloris has high Rushing-Out, though De Gea does not. I could obviously have included Manuel Neuer, but I didn't as explained further down.

For defenders, I felt Sokratis and Boateng were obvious choices with 18 pace each. I included Sule as his 17 pace ain't exactly poor, and his young age means he could develop into a proper speedster. The same is true for Balanta, as his excessive amount of potential could give him a good boost. For the fullbacks, I chose Shaw, Piszczek, Bellerín and Alba. A mix of experience and youth (mainly youth) should give them some solidity now, and growth in the furuture.

In the midfield, Can, Fernando, Pogba, Rode, Ramires, Firmino, and Iniesta. As shaky is it may sound on paper, their overall speed and acceleration should at least make them less than disatrous. I included a mix of players to allow a DM/2 CM tactic, or a 2 CM/AM tactic. Unlike defenders and forwards, midfielders do not seem to really excell in terms of speed (not including the attacking midfielders). Acceleration I figured should play a slightly higher role in that case, and also relied a bit more on technical stats in some cases.

Note: I know Iniesta isn't exactly setting the Nou Camp grass on fire. I felt his technical skills made up for this, as he seems to move as quick with the ball as he does without it.

And on to the attackers. We are, of course, absolutely spoiled for choice when it comes to wingers. I opted to leave out CR7, Neymar, and Messi, as that is basically easy-mode. I went with Robben, Bale, Walcott and Sanchez (sadly out of frame in the squad photo, I forgot to add him in and I'm not bothered changing it now). I also included Reus, (standing with Sanchez out of frame) as A) he's bad-***, and B) relying on Bale and Sanchez to not get injured is a garunteed headache.

For man up front, I went with Aubameyang and Sturridge. I needn't make a case for Pierre-Emerick as he runs perpendicular to the space-time continuum, however he isn't exactly a score-for-fun level player. Sturridge can put goals away, as long as he isn't injured... which is a lot.

For the team to play as, I went with the most represented team: Dortmund (with 4 players). The reasoning was simple: fewer players moved means a less upset squad, and requires fewer ********-ups of other teams. Plus, the Bundesliga gives a good testing ground for our Sultans of Speed (do do doo). This is the reason why I wanted to upset certain teams like Bayern too much. I straight swapped Boateng with Hummels, and Robben with Kampl (I also upped his PA a little bit). I felt this was a good-enough trade-off for the Flying Dutchman, but just in case I also gifted them £20m through the editor for good measure. This is the reason why I didn't take Neuer: Weidenfeller simply isn't to his standard.

Looking at the squad, I think I've done an okay job, considering:

View attachment 251296

We are 1st in pace, acceleration, handling, reflexes, and stamina. Our average height isn't great, especially for our strikers (where we are dead-last in the league), and we are also the lightest team. But they can't stop us if they can't catch us, right? Right?

I won't be playing this myself, leaving it in the (in)capable hands of the AI. I have given a few key players high buy-out clauses to prevent the AI gutting out the team immediately, and I've improved the Dortmund finances to accomodate our sprinting stars (they spend money as fast as their feet shift air).

I will post at the end of each month IG to see how the black and yellow bolts do!