internet help :S

jamgla

Reaction score
my internet keeps disconnecting me from server such as msn and xfire after a random period of time, is there anything i can do or is my isp a pile of **** lol

my isp is tiscali

Power down your modem and router then wait 30 seconds. Reconnect modem and router and test your connection. If there is no improvement try checking for spyware/malware with a program such as Spybot Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware.

If there is still problems after a full system scan then try checking for viruses with your Anti-Virus program. If you don't have one then you can try AVG Free.

If problems still persist you can try ringing Tiscali to see if there is a fault in your area.

Last edited:
now im just waiting to see if it stays conneected i got spybot and there was 81 problems, so hopefully that was causing it

yeh lol, on other comp we got did one and only had 6 lol

during peak times tiscali use a fair usage polacy which causes everyones connection to go slow. visit the forums on the tiscali website. www.tiscali.co.uk

yea but BT are goign to start using it i think. dont worry in 2010 if BT dont sort there act out they lose control of all the internet and phone lines.

during peak times tiscali use a fair usage polacy which causes everyones connection to go slow. visit the forums on the tiscali website. www.tiscali.co.uk

HM is exactly right.

I cant use anything remorly p2p during 6-11. So no online gaming whatsoever, including stuff that 56k could handle like yahoo games. Must have got d/c from msn at least 15-20 times in an hour the other night

I didnt realise that some internet providers still used that policy. You pay x amount a month to use the net some of the time? Thats wrong.
Im with Telewest (now VirginMedia) and its unlimited access. Just presumed all other providers were too.

Amen Boozad, ooh I have now switched to VirginMedia then, I was not aware of this

I didnt realise that some internet providers still used that policy. You pay x amount a month to use the net some of the time? Thats wrong.
Im with Telewest (now VirginMedia) and its unlimited access. Just presumed all other providers were too.

I only downloaded like 200-300mb in peak times and that got me a warning. Annoying theing is the companty cant tell u what the limit is in peak time as they could no longer call their service unlimited

A warning?! ******* ****, anybody would think you were paying for their service...

I really dont agree with broadband with limits. It sort of defeats the object

yer i get disconnected like every 5 mins soo ******* annoying, its not my account so have to have afew words with parents, but my mum is furious :D she says why shud i only get limited access when she is playing like £15 a month

any1 got a link or am i gonn have to go googling