I played a few games and my form was fine
Goals scored 12 and assists of 9
But then one fateful evening away at Stoke
A tackle from behind and my leg was broke

I pulled up to a doctors at about seven or eight
And they said “no more playing, sorry mate”
I applied for some jobs, Man U as a joke
But I finally took the hotseat at Basingstoke

(I will be managing Basingstoke as this may suggest, first update coming shortly and all feedback welcome.)

Season Expectations
After talking to the board and looking upon my team I realised how content I was starting my managerial career at this club, The Dragons and eventually if I had anything to do with it slayers of many of the big clubs in English football.
This season, however I had to keep my feet on the ground I wanted to stay up, the board wanted a top half finish so that is what we agreed our aims would be for the season.
View attachment 262376
Star Player
Discussion with the coaching team had led me to believe that 31 year old Tim Sills was the best player currently at the club and after further analysis this was proven to be the case, not quite good enough to build the team around but the one who needed to perform if the team was going to succeed. Despite the lack of money in the kitty a few changes would be made. Center Back a key issue to be resolved.
View attachment 262377

As for the youth team nothing was doing due to a lack of facilities, something that would have to change in the long run to make the football club self sufficient.

(next update should include transfers and friendly results)

funny first post mate, tim sills looks decent for your team!

Pre-season Calamity

So pre-season could not have gone much worse, bar a rogue alien invasion and even then they may have strengthened my defense.
View attachment 262467

As you can see the results didn't go as planned, a good performance and missed penalty against Reading was the highlight game for us in pre-season. I could feel the concern from the fans and the board but no official statements had been made.
The ins and outs.
View attachment 262468

I was unhappy with the transfer situation at first. Many of the defenders, who were a must have to improve the team, didn't arrive until after the last friendly. This was down to players choosing rivals over ourselves and thus causing us some trouble. On a positive note we did manage to capture young right back Dobble and the well traveled defender Sinclair to tutor him. The best signing of the pre-season, however, was another good striker in Counago.

View attachment 262469
The season will see us start against a reasonably strong looking Bromly and hopefully we got all our bad luck out the way before the big event. I need a good start, no other option is viable. Pressure on already.

(Will be updating sporadically but hopefully at the end of each gaming month, any constructive feedback welcome.)​

nice pre season mate!
dont worry about the results! good signings! dont forget to try and have a nice cup run aswell :D

August

So the first month went okay, after a terrible pre-season. The first 4 games of the season were solid wins but then sloppy defending saw only 1 point from 2 games. Overall pretty happy with the performances, especially the 4-0 win, which could have easily been more.
View attachment 262811
We are looking good in the league table and hopefully this will give us a solid starting block to finish in the top half, and maybe even challenge for the play-offs.

View attachment 262812
In other news 3 signings were made during the month the strengthen the squad, 2 experienced strikers as cover, due to the age of Counago and Sills. As well as that we brought in young central midfielder Jackson who will hopefully be a leading star in the next few seasons.

Player of the Month

So player of the month goes to... Ross Adams.
Ross had a fantastic start to the season playing in all 6 games and scoring 3 times from Center Back, he was also the only defender to play any good during the last two games of the month

Current top Scorers

Counago - 3
Adams - 3
Sills - 2
Gondwe - 2 (from 1 sub appearance too)

(thankyou for the comments so far, any constructive feedback would be great)​

September

So a very good month overall, with some tough games. Apart from the first game of the month which was a disappointing defeat we were solid if not spectacular for most of the month. A couple of injuries in the opening game (including Ross Adams) threatened to derail the season a little but the replacements were more than up to the job.
View attachment 262863

This month also saw the first derby of the season, a hard fought win for ourselves and you can see the order of events below. Going to be missing Sinclair for a few games now, which will be a blow to the defense.
View attachment 262865
The good run of form sees us top of the league by 2 points, realistically I think the play offs should be our aim now. Staying top of the league may be a little too much to ask.
View attachment 262864
Player of the Month

Player of the month goes too... Stefan Oaks. The former Premier League midfielder was solid all month, scoring 2 and assisting 2, in addition to his heroics in the derby game he deserves this accolade. Credit must also go to Counago this month who continues to be consistent.
View attachment 262862
Top Scorers so far

Counago - 5
Adams - 3
Then a host of players on 2 (goals spread nicely around the team.)​