Invading the Bundesliga!! What team should I be?

vjcsmoke

Reaction score
Since my goal is to topple the giants known as Bayern they are out of consideration.

Here are my top 5 choices:
Dortmund (might be a little too easy to build this team up)
Leverkusen
Wolfsburg
Gelsenkirchen
BMG

So I'd like your opinions on what club would be the best to manage going forward. Especially with the goal of eventually winning the Bundesliga and toppling Bayern as the best German team in the world. Reasons given could be anywhere from - this is the best set of starting players, financially this club will be able to support your ambitions, this is the most challenging or fun starting circumstances etc.

I'm asking about Bundesliga in particular. This is where I want to take on my next managing challenge. But thanks for the link.

I suppose Wolfsburg might be one of the easiest ones there, as they have solid financial backing from Volkswagen. Schalke has quite a few very talented players, so with a couple of aimed improvements you could have a competitive squad within a few seasons. BMG is probably the hardest team from your list.

Wolfsburg... it won't be easy to topple Bayern but if you can beat them to key young players such as Romero, Luka Jovic, Balanta... etc then their ageing squad will become inferior to yours. (Robben, Ribery, Bastian S.... etc.)

Stuttgart are pretty fun. Nice solid young core in Antonio Rudiger, Carlos Gruezo and Timo Werner, decent facilities and they're currently bottom of the Bundesliga table IRL.