Inverted wingbacks

guv77

Reaction score
Anybody recommend a Right IWB? Always unsure what attributes to look out for. Would b2b or DM be better for the role?

Sorry Barcelona. So money no object. I brought TAA but decided to play him has my Winger instead, start if 2nd season.
Need to know what kind of player suits the role,

Sorry Barcelona. So money no object. I brought TAA but decided to play him has my Winger instead, start if 2nd season.
Need to know what kind of player suits the role,
Any wingback can be converted mate. I'd reccomend Josh Vagnoman from a German side. The name of it escapes me. He develops into an incredible wing back. Great defensively and going forward.

Any wingback can be converted mate. I'd reccomend Josh Vagnoman from a German side. The name of it escapes me. He develops into an incredible wing back. Great defensively and going forward.

Can confirm this, absolute baller in my City squad.

Can confirm this, absolute baller in my City squad.
Can pick him up cheap early on aswell and develops rapidly! Easily first choice in any team.

One of my favourite squads I made this year with inverted wing backs on attack had Marco Kana left side and Camavinga on the right side... took a little while to train up but once they were there they were outstanding!

Will take a look at Josh.
I have read people have been successful in re-training BPD and CDM to play the role. Just needs to be an extra body in midfield in attack but defensively sound as well.

One of my favourite squads I made this year with inverted wing backs on attack had Marco Kana left side and Camavinga on the right side... took a little while to train up but once they were there they were outstanding!
I was thinking of Camavinga on one side and Luis (Benfica CDM) on the other.

Can pick him up cheap early on aswell and develops rapidly! Easily first choice in any team.

Been a superb option as backup for me, left right doesnt matter. solid player.

Football Manager 2020 03_07_2020 13_21_34.png

I was thinking of Camavinga on one side and Luis (Benfica CDM) on the other.
Yeah I've considered Luis for it before as well... I've tried loads of different cm's for it... with my setup I like to use a player with good long shots as well if I can find one.

Yeah I've considered Luis for it before as well... I've tried loads of different cm's for it... with my setup I like to use a player with good long shots as well if I can find one.
To be honest the best I've used on the left side was Trent Alexander Arnold... trained for the position in no time, and I had him taking all set pieces as well... he ended up finishing a season on nearly 50 assists

Cutting inside ! Interesting

I always try and convert defensive midfielders for the iwb role. Idrissa Gueye was a zing last year, but aged though.