duckers4

Reaction score
Hi All
I have recently purchased an iPad2 and i wanted to know if purchasing the app version of FM12 is worth it compared to just going out and buying the game for my laptop?
I have never played FM on an apple product before but i have heard its limited. Is this going to be the case for FM12?

Cheers

Most likely, it will always be better on a laptop compared to a tablet.

Laptop it is then, thanks. Am i correct in assuming that the version of FM12 i could purchase for my iPad is exactly the same as the version i could purchase for the iPhone?

There should be a way of installing steam on a ipad to play the full game on there..if only

Laptop it is then, thanks. Am i correct in assuming that the version of FM12 i could purchase for my iPad is exactly the same as the version i could purchase for the iPhone?

There is/will be a iPad specific version, apparently, but I imagine it's still not up to the standards of the full game being played on a laptop.

No way. I have FM on the iPod and it is, to be frank, absolute rubbish on the iPod compared to the computer. Not sure if it'd be any better on the iPad though, but I guess it is cheaper and you can play it on long journeys.

Or, if you can't decide, pre-order the computer one and see if they have a '24 hour cheaper price' thing on the App Store for FM, they sometimes have that!

If processing alone is the lmiting factor there should at least be a way to defer that to a PC connected to the iPad on wifi, so you're effectively playing on your PC but the screen/interface is the iPad.

The game is MILES better than the app so stick to the game

The iPad is a potentially perfect home for FM but FM2011 was very limited on mobile devices. It could be brilliant.

The iPad is a potentially perfect home for FM but FM2011 was very limited on mobile devices. It could be brilliant.

Agreed 100%. If the iPad version mirrored the normal version i honestly think i would wee a little bit.

Agreed 100%. If the iPad version mirrored the normal version i honestly think i would wee a little bit.

I don't think the iPad is capable of running the full FM. It's quite an intensive program. It would be awesome though if it could :wub:

Just had an idea but I dont know how possible it is as I'm not very techy.

Would it be physically possible for someone to create an FM only device. This may sound a bit far fetched to people but I for one would happily spend money on a device that can only play FM and therefore it could be designed with the FM specifications in mind. I basically only update my laptop so it can play FM as the internet can be accessed through other means. This could be used for every FM in the future and would have a WiFi connection so access to Steam would be straight forward which would also allow for patches to be implemented. If the price was somewhere around £200 and this inlcuded a version of the latest FM then I dont think this would be unreasonable (personally speaking of course).

My idea basically stems from me carting around my laptop with me everywhere I go just to play on FM in comparison to the iPad which is alot easier and is basically like carrying around a book. The iPad is obvisouly built with a load of different features in mind from games to pictures etc. whereas if there was a specific FM product this would free up memory and specification space. This new device would obviously need the battery life of a laptop and would only have the necessary programmes to play FM.

Just had an idea but I dont know how possible it is as I'm not very techy.

Would it be physically possible for someone to create an FM only device. This may sound a bit far fetched to people but I for one would happily spend money on a device that can only play FM and therefore it could be designed with the FM specifications in mind. I basically only update my laptop so it can play FM as the internet can be accessed through other means. This could be used for every FM in the future and would have a WiFi connection so access to Steam would be straight forward which would also allow for patches to be implemented. If the price was somewhere around £200 and this inlcuded a version of the latest FM then I dont think this would be unreasonable (personally speaking of course).

My idea basically stems from me carting around my laptop with me everywhere I go just to play on FM in comparison to the iPad which is alot easier and is basically like carrying around a book. The iPad is obvisouly built with a load of different features in mind from games to pictures etc. whereas if there was a specific FM product this would free up memory and specification space. This new device would obviously need the battery life of a laptop and would only have the necessary programmes to play FM.

It'd probably cost you more than £200, who wants to design a product for such a small market? You may as well just get a very lightweight notebook, and get everything else you can do on a PC and not limit yourself to FM.