ChrisDCFC

Reaction score
I've just upgraded my phone contract to the Iphone 3. Just arrived and notice that it is only 8gb.

I got the phone primarily for fm handheld and music but I'm worried the memory won't handle both with some apps.

Can anyone give an Iphone noob some advice before I send the **** thing back to Orange :)

8GB is small, but it's more than big enough for a decent amount of tunes and the FM Handheld app.

Yeh 8GB is enough... depends on how many tracks you want on it though...

off topic: You made the wrong choice..... choose bb next time :p

Out of curiosity.. why did you get an iPhone 3 and not a 4?

Also, BB's suck. Only good for BBM and even then it's not all that considering iPhone's have PingChat, WhatsApp, TruPhone and others - but that's for another topic.

Yeh 8GB is enough... depends on how many tracks you want on it though...

off topic: You made the wrong choice..... choose bb next time :p

Maybe a couple of hundred or so? More concerned with FM and some apps like sky sports etc..

By bb I take it you mean Blackberry? My daughter has one and I find them too awkward to use :)

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Also, BB's suck. Only good for BBM and even then it's not all that considering iPhone's have PingChat, WhatsApp, TruPhone and others - but that's for another topic.

Wasn't willing to pay money for a phone AND a monthly contract. Also heard there are a few teething problems with them.....

And who actually uses them......?

Maybe a couple of hundred or so? More concerned with FM and some apps like sky sports etc..

By bb I take it you mean Blackberry? My daughter has one and I find them too awkward to use :)

Yeah your 8GB should be fine then.

And yeah I mean Blackberry. And yeah for some the keyboard and landscape screen is weird but yeah they are awesome :p

In that case it'll be fine. I've got over 1200 songs on my iPhone and it's just 7GB so a couple of hundred will barely be a GB.

Also, Apps aren't usually that big unless they are games (FM Handheld for example). That's about 800MB I believe, but the Sky Sports App is less that 20MB and most of the main apps are so you should be perfectly fine.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

And who actually uses them......?

Everyone with an iPhone and friends on an iPhone. Most of my friends on BB use PingChat so they can talk people on iPhone for free too..

Thanks for your help guys. You have stopped some wee guy on the other end of the phone from Orange getting an ear full for not explaining this at the time :D

Also, Apps aren't usually that big unless they are games (FM Handheld for example). That's about 800MB I believe, but the Sky Sports App is less that 20MB and most of the main apps are so you should be perfectly fine.

FMHi isn't that big - we worked hard on compressing it, when its running it takes up less than 300Mb when its active plus another 10-15Mb for save games potentially)

FMHi isn't that big - we worked hard on compressing it, when its running it takes up less than 300Mb when its active plus another 10-15Mb for save games potentially)

Yeah noticed it hardly took up any space. Well chuffed although the missus gave me a disapproving look when I explained that I can now play FM on holiday :)

Of course, the PC version is about 800MB :$

My bad.

i have had a blackberry for the past two years, in relation to the new torch it has the best web browser on the phone market. It really depends what you want if you like a phone which is simple then iphone if you want a phone which requires a wee bit more knowledge BB.

i have had a blackberry for the past two years, in relation to the new torch it has the best web browser on the phone market. It really depends what you want if you like a phone which is simple then iphone if you want a phone which requires a wee bit more knowledge BB.

Most biased description ever...

shows how much you actually know.

Most biased description ever...

shows how much you actually know.
lol i work with both handset on a daily basis mate, have had both and a iphone is **** easy to set up, blackberry takes a wee bit more time to set up emails BBM and the apps store.

i agree i play on psp and iphone and r quite similar u will have u pleny room thats y i upgraded to iphone