Ipswich Town F.C. // The Return of the Glory Days

TractorBoy7

Reaction score
The Return of the Glory Days

View attachment 328029

Ipswich History

View attachment 328028

As you can see, Ipswich enjoyed virtually all success pre-90's under the management of Sir Alf Ramsey and Sir Bobby Robson, who both have statues outside of Portman Road.

In this save I will be looking to emulate their successes with this once great club.

About The Save

I want this save to be quite big so I added a lot of leagues and countries to give me a big database of players to work with.

View attachment 328026

Also to make the management side of things realistic I used my real life experience as a manager (none), which should make this a really good challenge.

View attachment 328025

In the game the team aren't rated very highly even though in real life we are top 6 contenders (no bias, I promise ;)), so that should make things harder for me than it probably should do. You can also see the fantastic facilities that Ipswich have which should help a lot and give us an advantage over most teams in the Championship (Also we should get decent youth intakes if we can reach Category 1 status).

View attachment 328024

So yeah, hope you all enjoyed reading this intro to the story and I hope you'll tag along with what could be an interesting adventure. Thanks for reading!

Looking forward to this, I myself also briefly considered doing an Ipswich Town story but in the end decided against it. I did however make a banner for that story, if you want to then you can use it, here it is:
View attachment 328021

Sorry about the lack of updates, I'm in late September and I've unfortunately been sacked. Therefore this save is now dead. Feel free to post suggestions for a future save, I will not be re-attempting this save in the foreseeable future.

What happened mate? Im currently playing as ipswich, towards end of jan 1st season in/round top 8. It is tough espec finances,

What happened mate? Im currently playing as ipswich, towards end of jan 1st season in/round top 8. It is tough espec finances,

McGoldrick, Chambers and Smith all forced moves, Murphy got injured for 5 months after window closed, leaving me with Sammon, Bajner and an underwhelming loan. Finding a good right back was difficult too.

Those 3 tried to force moves for me to mate, whats ya steam name? Can chat more bout it if you want