Status
Not open for further replies.

Ec

Reaction score
See Attachments For My Story! :)

More to follow

The stupid thing is I fully expect to see that first screenshot on the BBC website soon! As an Ipswich fan I will follow this :)

"These recent weeks in training have gone really well, me and the players have a decent understanding of each other and they seem to be gelling well together" Rogers said to BBC Radio Suffolk.
"Im looking at a number of players to add to the squad however" He added.

PRE-SEASON
Alloa 1:2 Ipswich
Yeovil 0:0 Ipswich
Kidderminster 2:5 Ipswich
Leyton Orient 1:2 Ipswich
Rotherham 2:5 Ipswich

Town have been drawn away to local rivals Colchester Utd in the League Cup

"We have had a very good pre-season and Im confident we can perform well in the league this season" Rogers told the ITFC website.
He added "Im excited about the Colchester game, however I would have liked to play local rivals further down the line"

NEW PLAYER
Ipswich sign Polish striker Ebi Smolarek, who had 40 Caps for Poland and scoring 19 goals for his country. He scored a hat-trick in Towns last friendly.

Ipswich have sold David Wright to Huddersfield for £100,000 and Jamie Peters to Chesterfield for £70,000

Ipswich play their first game of the season away against Coventry.

----------
More to follow :)

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Rogers sack assistant Tony Loughlan!
"We had a major dissagreement on the training field and I felt he had to go" Rogers said.

Just a day after Loughlan's departure, David Rogers hires Ipswich legend Mick Mills as assistant.
"Mills knows the club well and is a legend at the club and it was only right to offer him the job" Rogers stated.

"Its great to be working with Ipswich again, their a club that has always been close to my heart" Mills told the ITFC website.

---------
Vs Coventry

How Town Lined Up

Gk: Arran Lee-Barrett
Dr: Liam Rosienor
Dl: Pim Balkenstien
Dc: Gareth McAuley
Dc: Tommy Smith
Mr: Carlos Edwards
Ml: Alan Quinn
Mc: Grant Leadbitter
Mc: Jack Colback
St: Jon Stead
St: Ebi Smolarek

The first 15 minutes was dominated by Ipswich, however on the 17th min Coventry defender Elliot Ward headed home a corner making it 1:0 to the Sky Blues.
Ipswich lost steam after the goal and went in at half time at 1:0.
The second half started the same as the first with Ipswich having many chances and Carlos Edwards hitting the post from close range. Stead was soon replaced by youngster Ronan Murray, who played very well. Garvan and Alex Bruce were also brought on by manager David Rogers, however failed to make an impact, and Leon Best beat the defence and netted his first goal of the season on the 85th min.

Coventry 2:0 Ipswich
Attendace: 22911

David Rogers had this to say: "We started the game well, being the better side however the corner changed our view of the game and we were very much second best for the rest of the game"

Ipswich make the short trip to Colchester in their next game.

----------
More to follow :)

Bare with me! I'll update shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.